Chapter 13

"Raven... Raven love, it's time to wake up." Ronnie's voice called. My eyes fluttered open.

I glanced over at the clock, 6 o'clock.

"We have to go to dinner with Andy and Juliet now, I will be ready in a bit but I wanted to give you some time to get dressed." He spoke calmly almost soothing me to sleep again. I sat up quickly before my eyes closed again, feeling dizzy. I slowly stood to my feet and trudged to the bathroom. I fixed my makeup and teased my hair and after a good fifteen minutes I changed into a skin tight lace skater girl dress and combat boots. I came in by Ronnie who was dressed in black skinnies, a black dress top and a purple tie.

"You look nice." I told him.

"You look absolutely beautiful." He told me, his eyes sparkling.

"Awww thanks babe." I replied leaning in to giving him a kiss, we quickly progressed as he reaching the zipper to my dress. I pulled away in alert.

"Hun, why did I just get dressed if you were going to undress me anyway?" I asked, out of breath.

"Beats me" he replied, diving back into the kiss. I let it go for awhile until he reached the zipper, I pulled away... Again.

"Could you at least wait until after dinner?" I asked

"I guess" he said pretending to be disappointed. Just then, there was a knock at the door.

" hey lovebirds, it's time to go to dinner, the sex will have to wait." Ashley said blatantly.

I looked at Ronnie, surprised. " Ashley wants us to wait for sex?!" I walked over to Ashley and put my hand across his forehead, "Ashley are you feeling ok?" Sarcasm filled my voice. Ashley just flipped my off and walked away.

Sooner or later we found our way to the restaurant that we were supposed to meet Andy and Juliet at. No later than we had parked did my phone ring.

Me: "hello?"

Caller: " hey, it's Andy, I just wanted to call and let you know that dinner is cancelled. Juliet and I..... Well we had a fight. But, I'm very sorry we can't make it. Would you pass the message to the others?" His voice sounded shaken.

Me: " I'm really sorry to hear about you and Juliet, Andy. Things will work out, I'm sure. Are you going to be okay for tonight? We could all come by, and hang out. If you want."

Andy: " No, it's ok, just go and have a good time, or whatever. I'm ok, thank you Raven."

Me: " oh... Ok.... Well have a good night Andy. I'll be sure to tell the others."

*hang up*

Ashley, Shea and Ronnie looked at me curiously.

"Andy and Juliet had a fight. They aren't going to make it to dinner." I told them. Ashley started the car again and pulled out of the parking lot, headed in a very familiar direction. The way to the party mansion.

Andy's pov

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I moved sluggishly towards the door.

"Hey hey hey!" Shea yelled as I opened the door

"What the....... What are you doing here?" I asked her. Out of everything I expected to be at the door, they were not one of them.

"Here to cheer you up... And to get your mind off of bitchface." She mumbled the last part. Raven stifled a laugh. I did too actually. Ashley and Ronnie pushed past me and plopped down on the couch.

"You wanna watch some batman?" raven asked pulling a dvd out of her bag.

"why was that in your bag? i mean i know you like batman and all.... but really?" i asked, laughing.

"you know Peyton! she takes everything!" she said

"Remember when she kidnaped c.c.? he wasn't home for a week!" we laughed over the past times, in the corner of my eye i saw Ronnie tense. shit just got awkward! We watched a couple episodes of batman. I couldn't keep my eyes off raven, and every once in a while I would catch her looking longingly at me too. But she'd shield her eyes down, making contact with Ronnie. Looking slightly ashamed. Ashley and Shea went upstairs to get her a change of clothes.

"I'm gonna go home. This dress is not the most comfortable. So I'll see you guys later."

"Well, wait I think I have some clothes you left, upstairs." I said, not thinking before I spoke. Ronnie tensed, yet again, and raven wasn't oblivious to it either.

"No, really I'll just go home an-" raven started.

"Would you just stop being so stubborn and change here? No one wants you to leave!" Shouted Shea. Raven followed me upstairs into my room.

"Here, I never got to bring them to you, with making the new record and everything."

"It's alright so where should I change?"

"I'm sorry for being such a jerk." I blurted. She deserved an apology.

"No, you had a right to act the way you did. Especially after the way I acted. But it doesn't matter now, it's in the past and there's nothing we can do about it."

"Can we at least be friends?" I asked shyly.

"Of course!" She said with a smile, "so where can I change?" I directed her to the guest bedroom that she had been in the night we had the party and returned downstairs. Ronnie pushed past me as I walked downstairs. I hope he doesn't suspect anything.

Ravens pov

I changed into my comfy shorts and tank top that I had left at the hotel. When I walked out of the bathroom, Ronnie was sitting on the bed.

"Hello dear" I mumbled

"Raven, I love you. That's why I think we need to break up. I see the way you look at Andy and I see the way he looks at you. It hasn't changed since the day we met, at the party. I really do love you Raven. But I feel like I'm in the way of you and Andy. I can't do that to you." Ronnie explained in a hushed tone that was almost calming. Silent tears slid down my face. "Raven please don't cry. Look, I still want to be friends. You can call me whenever ok?" I nodded. "Goodbye Raven." He pecked me on the cheek and headed out the door and down the stairs. It didnt sink in until I heard the front door close. I didn't know what to do. In a way, I was grateful. He did this out of love for me, and he gave Andy and I a chance. But Andy and I already had our chance. All I could do was sit there. I grabbed my bag and reached into the side pocket. I felt cold metal. I pressed it against my wrist, it was almost a reflex. I repeated the motion, moving down my arm. I stopped as soon as I saw a face. Andy was standing in the doorway, enraged. He moved quicker than I did and snatched the razor out of my hand.

"Why? Why the hell would you do this raven? You were happy 10 minutes ago!"

"Go away Andy! Leave me alone!" I yelled.

"We saw what happened when I left you alone, raven." He said with a sad twinge in his voice. He moved over to my side and placed his hand on the cuts, squeezing. I took in a sharp breath but Andy didnt let go. He stayed by my side until the had stopped bleeding. I soon nodded off to sleep while Andy wrapped my arm with bandages. The last thing I heard was very familiar. " I love you raven." Was whispered into my ear.