Ch. 3 - Curious Cat

"Jung Hoseok?" Ms. Shon asks him. "You must be the new student."

She already seemed really intimidating. And knowing how strict she was on her students, made it worse.

"I am," he nods.

"You can have a seat over there in the corner, next to the boy with blond hair." she points at the boy who was currently occupied on his phone. The whole room was arranged with wooden tables for desks. "Why don't you copy someone's notes, it shouldn't be too much for you."

"Okay," Hoseok nods, glancing over to Jungkook. Seated on the other side of the room from his assigned seat.

He walks over to Jungkook, "Hey. Can you lend me your notes?"

"Oohh," Jungkook gives him a pained expression. "Sorry bud, but English is not my strong suit. Better if you ask someone else. You know, someone who isn't me."

"I don't know anyone else," Hoseok gives him a look. "I literally just got here today-"

"With that mentality, you'll never be able to make friends." Jungkook gives Hoseok a look, standing up from his seat and looking around the room. "There's around 18 English nerds in this classroom, just ask one of them."

"Easier said that done," Hoseok huffs.

"What about Yoongi?" Jungkook asks.

"Who's that?"

"Uhhh, the guy you're sitting next to at the table in the corner?" Jungkook explains. "He's smart. Let's me copy off his homework sometimes in exchange for snacks."

"Fine," Hoseok sighs, turning around to walk towards his seat mate. He was hoping this would be a nice guy, and from what it looks like (judging by his soft hair, yellow hoodie, and blue jeans), he seems nice?

When he got close enough, the boy suddenly looked up, meeting eyes with Hoseok. That's when he got a good look of his face. He had soft features. Pink lips, a boopable nose, eyes that were shaped as a triangle. It looked like this guy bleached his hair twice, yet it still looks as soft as a kitten.

"Uh-" he gulped. "Can you lend me your notes? I'm new."

"Oh... sure." Yoongi turns around to grab his backpack, unzipping it and pulling out a light blue notebook with golden spirals. Flipping through the pages to find his English notes. When he found it, he handed it to Hoseok and went back on his phone.

"Thanks," he awkwardly took the notebook in a awkward way. Why was he so awkward?

He took a seat next to Yoongi, making the boy glance at him again. Then as he copied down the notes, he could feel Yoongi's gaze on him.

But could you blame Yoongi? Yeah, Hoseok was good looking, but that wasn't the reason why Yoongi was looking at him. He was looking at Hoseok, because he looked familiar to him. Especially his side profile— the perfect, boopable nose-

I should look away before it gets weird, Yoongi quickly turns his head to the other side, going back on his phone. As he scrolled through social media waiting for the bell to ring, he couldn't get Hoseok off his mind. Don't get the wrong idea though, because Yoongi was just curious.

Whenever he finds something remotely interesting, he'd want to find out more about it.

Like a curious cat.

"What'cha doing?" Taehyung peeked over Yoongi's shoulder.

Sitting in front of the blond male was a bunch of highlighters, colored pens, and a notebook which had a bunch of notes scribbled down neatly. It was as if the back-to-school (a.k.a bts) aisle at Target had just puked out all of it's supplies onto their lunch table.