Ch. 6 - Crisis

"He's here," Ms. Shon looks at the two with a shocked expression. "You did it."

"I told you I'd bring him," Namjoon glances over to Jungkook. "Now it's more private to talk. Not yell."

"I wasn't yelling at him earlier," she says. "Just raising them volume of my voice."

"I think you made your point very clear before. I understand your frustration, Ms. Shon. But in all honesty, I think to encourage Jungkook to do better in his studies, you should change the tone of your voice." Namjoon responds. "No yelling, no comparing him to other students, no harsh words."

Ms. Shon glares at him. "Know your place Mr. Kim. I'm the teacher, and you're the student teacher. I know what I'm doing, and Jungkook is only trying to make my job hard."

Namjoon turns to Jungkook. The boy's eyes stayed glued to the ground ever since they entered the room, and he hasn't even said a word.

"How about this," Namjoon speaks up. "I'll help tutor Jungkook."

And that's when Jungkook finally looks up, meeting eyes with Namjoon. "You?"

"Yeah," he nods.

"You'll just be wasting your time, Mr. Kim," Ms. Shon says. "He's hopeless."

"No," he shakes his head. "I'm doing your job, and I'm gonna help Jungkook raise his grades in this class."

"Fine, go ahead." she scoffs. "I don't care."

And just like that, she stomps out of the room like a little kid. Now it was just Namjoon and Jungkook. The two didn't say a word to each other, but Jungkook finally spoke.

"Why?"

"Pardon?"

"Why are you doing this?" Jungkook asks. "You heard it from the teacher herself, I'm hopeless."

"Don't say that. You're not hopeless. Just because she says you are, doesn't make it true." Namjoon shakes his head. "I know this is still my first day of student teaching, and I've only met you today. But I'm confident that I can help you. You just need to put in an effort too."

What is this? This was new to Jungkook. Being lectured without being yelled at, is such a thing even possible? The tone of Namjoon's voice was gentle, yet stern. Like a parent scolding a tiny toddler. The way Namjoon was talking to him made him feel like Namjoon understood him, and no other teacher had made him feel that way.

So that's why the girls were all thirsty for this man...

"We should schedule a day to tutor after school," Namjoon says. "Are you free after school every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday?"

"Three times a week?" Jungkook gapes at him.

"An hour each session," Namjoon adds.

"Oh my god," Jungkook whined.

"I am not god, but we're often mistaken."

Jungkook glares at him.

Namjoon laughs at his joke, and Jungkook could see the dimples in his smile. Honestly, if dimples were a kink, Jungkook would've been rocking hard. But dimples aren't a kink, they are an attractive quality. And the dimples are the only thing Jungkook found attractive, not his face.

His parents sat on the white, leather couch as they listened to their son play beautifully on the piano. They had asked him what he's nene learning recently, and mister rebel Yoongi just played something he learned a long time ago. Something his parents forgot he played for them.