Ch. 5 - Something New

"And then I went to the nearby grocery store, and bought this can of cat food," Jimin explains. "But when I came back, the kitty was gone."

"Guess it went with it's mommy or something," Hoseok shrugs.

"Or maybe a dog ate it," Jungkook says.

Jimin gasped at the thought, "No way!"

"Totally," Jungkook nods. "I bet my-"

"Jungkook," he curses under his breath when he hears Mr. Kim call his name.

He turned around and looked at the man.

"Come on," Namjoon says. "You remember why you have to go back to your English class, right?"

Jungkook sighs and nods.

"Good," he smiles. "Follow me."

Namjoon stood there waiting for Jungkook, smiling when the male tightened his grip on his backpack straps and followed him. But not before waving goodbye to his friends.

"I'll see you later!" Jimin waves goodbye to Hoseok as he hops onto the yellow bus.

And after he watched his friend disappear into the bus, he quickly heads inside. His feet bringing him to the direction of the music hall. Since his father worked later than usual, he'd be picking Hoseok an hour later from usual. And hearing that, Hoseok was completely fine with it. Because it meant he can go see Yoongi in the music room, and listen to him play piano.

As he stepped closer to the music room, all he heard were footsteps of students walking pass. He heard the chatter of students, teachers, and staff, the satisfying sound of high heels click clacking on the hard floor, but no piano. Nothing close to the sweet melody of a piano.

Hoseok would have never expected to be so disappointed by this. It was just some playing from a stupid piano, but something about it just...

"Maybe he's not here," he sighs.

Hoseok turns around, and is about to leave when he hears a slow melody playing from the room behind him. He snaps his head around and opens the door, feeling relief wash over when he finds Yoongi there, playing something new. His eyes close, and he leans his body on the doorframe.

Woah, he says in his head. Listening like this was new to him. Only focusing on one of the five senses he has to listen to this melody, and nothing else.

Yoongi stops playing when he feels a presence behind him. So he turns around, finding Hoseok standing there with his body leaned against the doorframe. He looked so relaxed, peaceful even. And he finds himself just staring at Hoseok, not daring to do anything about it.

It's like you're sleeping with your dog or cat in bed, and you can't bare to move because you're afraid you'll wake them up.

That's exactly how Yoongi felt at this moment.

Hoseok opens his eyes when Yoongi stops playing, and the latter quickly looks away.

"How long have you been there?" he asks.

"Not long," Hoseok says. "Is that something new you were working on?"

"I was just free styling,"

"Free styling?" Hoseok repeats. "That's cool."

"I guess," Yoongi shrugs. "So, are you getting picked up late again?"

"Yeah," Hoseok takes a seat in one of the chairs, facing the piano.