Ch. 28 - Winter Formal

"Aww, my handsome boy has become a man!" Hoseok's mom cooed as she pinched her son's face cheeks.

Hoseok was standing in front of the mirror, all fancied up wearing the best outfit he can come up with appropriate for the dance. Of course with his mom's help, since he always needs a second opinion. Plus, she was a bit of a fashion icon herself. Where do you think Hoseok got it from?

"Mom!" Hoseok whined. "I'm just going with a group friends."

"Will Yoongi be there?" she asked, catching Hoseok off guard.

"U-uh," Hoseok blushed, turning his face away from his mom. "He's my friend too."

"Oh, he is?" she gives him a knowing look. "How is everything going between you two? Must be doing really good, huh? I can tell, you've been a lot happier nowadays."

"Yeah," Hoseok chuckles to himself.

He's so much happier now.

"Speaking of Yoongi, is he picking you up today too?" his mom asked. "He's always driving you everywhere, so I assume so.

"Yeah he-"

HONK!

"There he is," Hoseok laughs to himself, turning to his mom. "How do I look? Do I need to add anything?"

"You don't need to add anything," she reassured him. "You overthink too much, just go. Have fun."

"Thanks mom." he nods, and they both head upstairs to where the front door is.

"Have fun," she almost instinctively ruffled Hoseok's hair, but placed a hand on his shoulder. She knew how much time and effort he put into his hairstyle, being in the bathroom for almost an hour.

When Hoseok puts on his dress shoes and leaves out the door, he finds Yoongi's cars sitting there on the driveway. He smiles and walks up to the car, opening and entering.

When Yoongi looks up, he suddenly loses his breath from how handsome Hoseok is. I'm sure you guys can relate to that, being breathless from how handsome Jung Hoseok was. He always thought Hoseok was handsome, but when he actually puts a lot of effort and time to looking like a god-tier, five course meal.

That's where he loses it in his little, gay heart.

"Woah," Yoongi breathes out. "You... you look... wow."

"I can say the same for you," Hoseok looks at Yoongi up and down like a confident gay. "You look beautiful."

Yoongi felt like fireworks were going off inside him right now. Nobody has to ever get called him beautiful before, much less ever complimented him in a way Hoseok does. Cause goddamn it, the words he says to Yoongi makes him believe it's all true. That he's special. And he wants to make Hoseok feel the same way. He wants to make Hoseok believe he's special too, very special to Yoongi.

But it's hard to say those words out loud. Yoongi's not affectionate when it comes to words, more affectionate with his actions than anything else. He's been in many situations where someone opens up to him, and he doesn't know what to say. He doesn't know the right words to comfort someone, so he just stays quiet.

"Yeah, thanks," Yoongi averts his eyes away for a second before turning back to Hoseok. "You ready to go then?"

"Come on! Dance with me shorty!" Taehyung pulls Jimin's arms.

"Call me short again, and I'm gonna shove my foot up where the sun don't shine," he glared at him.