The Long-Awaited Namkook Epilouge... (1/7)

"Jungkook."

The said male hummed, looking up from his unorganized notes on the table to his tutor/student teacher for his English class, who was holding up a paper with a huge grin on his handsome face.

"You got everything correct," he says as he shows him the worksheet from before. "Good job!"

Jungkook feels his cheeks heat up as he flushes at Namjoon's words. Their tutoring sessions always go like this. Whenever Jungkook did well in his worksheets, quizzes and tests, Namjoon would praise him for doing well. Like he never doubted him in the beginning.

"Well, I couldn't have done it without you, Namjoon," he sheepishly says.

"Honestly, I don't think you need me anymore," Namjoon tells him. "You're golden now."

"Huh?"

"Your grades have improved a lot and you've grown more confident in your English," Namjoon explains with a proud smile. "I say my job here is done."

"No!" Jungkook shakes his head. "I don't want you to stop tutoring me."

"Pardon?" Namjoon tilts his head to the side.

"I don't want you to stop tutoring me," he repeats.

"Why?"

"Cause I- Namjoon I- I'm sorry, but I-"

.
.
.

Jungkook jumped awake from his dream. The action causing morning dizziness crash into him like a wave, making him fall back into the mattress with his head feeling like it was spinning off it's rocker.

"Ugh," he groans out. "God, why are my dreams so messed up?"

He laid there in bed until the dizziness went away, staring into the ceiling as he thought about the sudden dream of his ex-crush.

It's been around a couple years since he graduated high school with his friends, and one year after going to college to earn his film degree. He had just started his second year of college, moving into a two-bedroom apartment with Seokmin— a good friend he met in his first year.

Life after high school had been pretty normal for the most part. He got above-average grades, met a few new people his age, hung out with his high school friends every so often, called and texted his parents every day, gamed in his free time, volunteered three times a week.

That's right, Jeon Jungkook now volunteers at the hospital and sings to the patients. They say that his mellifluous voice soothes and heals them whenever they feel weak, which makes him stay longer than originally planned because he enjoys it so much. The relaxing smiles on their faces as they listen to his voice singing softly to a song, mostly IU's since her songs bring back memories of their youth.

You can say it's obvious how much Jungkook has grown up since high school, and you can also say this might be the effects of a certain man from high school.

He sighs out as he lays there in bed, thinking about the dream he had just dreamt of a few minutes ago. It's not like this is the first time Jungkook's dreamt of his ex-crush from two years ago. He'd pop up in his dreams once in a while, and Jungkook knows he can't blame himself for dreaming of dreams like this.

He can't control his dreams. If he could, then we wouldn't even be in this situation right now. The only thing Jungkook can blame himself for is how he never stopped thinking about Namjoon. Even after all this time, he's still in his mind. Partly because of lingering feelings, mostly because of regret.