Ch. 20 - title it later

Hoseok got out of bed earlier than usual. He woke up at around 4:50am, and couldn't go back to sleep. So he might as well just get out of bed and start his morning.

It doesn't take long for Hoseok to get ready on days when he's not worried about looking good (even though he always looks good regardless of what he wears). It's still early though, so he kills time by binge watching videos on YouTube. Maybe even doing homework that he forgot to do the day before because we love procrastinating.

When he goes upstairs to the kitchen, he makes him and his mom breakfast. Nothing too much, just a simple sunny-side-up eggs for his mom, and cereal for himself. He didn't have much time to make eggs, since he already wasted time doing nothing before.

Even after waking up so early, he still leaves the house later than usual. How is that possible?

His mom comes down stairs in her pajamas, but cleansed face. She woke up a few minutes ago, only washing her face and brushing her teeth before coming downstairs.

"I made eggs," Hoseok gestures to the place on the counter.

"Thank you, Hoseok." she gives him a smile before going over to the plate, and she can't help but notice how different he seems today. "Is something wrong?"

"No," Hoseok shakes his head." I-I'm fine."

"Okay," she nods. "Well, you know you can always talk to me if..."

"I know," Hoseok nods. "We should leave the house soon."

After the first date with Yoongi where they both found out about each other's connection to Dawon, Hoseok couldn't help but feel even more guilty for everything. He could have told Yoongi the truth. He could have told him that Dawon was dead, but he couldn't. Not when he saw Yoongi's precious, excited smile at the thought of seeing Dawon again. Not when he knew that he was the reason she's dead.

And if Yoongi wouldn't hate him for that, well he'd for sure hate him for lying.

"Why did I lie to him?" Hoseok groans.

Yoongi smiles cutely when he sees Hoseok enter the room. The two haven't seen each other since the date on Saturday, only calling and texting through their phones. And Hoseok smiles back at him, though it seems a bit force.

"Hey Seok," Yoongi greets him.

"Hey," he replies. When he takes a seat next to Jungkook, they talk like usual. Yoongi scooting his chair back with his body facing the two, joining in on their conversation as well.

But today, the bunny was extra excited.

"Ya boi got a B+!" Jungkook cheers. "Y'all can never catch me slipping!"

Hoseok laughs out loud at Jungkook's behavior. "Jimin's gonna be happy to hear that."

"Namjoon too," Jungkook blurts out, quickly covering his mouth.

"Whipped," Yoongi deadpans.

"You seem lively, which is surprising to see since we're in English." Namjoon walks up to the three.

"Guess what?" Jungkook grins at him.

"What?"

"I got a B+!"