CHAPTER 4

After the race, we all went to the pit. "Woo! You guys did it!" Eirine cheered. "I guess we did." Kasumi replied. Chu-Chu walked over to our pit. "I guess you guys won, I'll tell Ray that someone wants to challenge him." Chu-Chu said. "Alright!" We cheered. We then saw a little girl, resembling Chu-Chu, dusty pink hair, blue eyes, around half of her height, basically a miniature Chu-Chu, came running up to her. "Mommy, mommy! You are so cool!" She said. "Wait, is that, you have a daughter?" I asked. "Sure does, her name's Chiya, because she kinda resembles me in a way." Chu-Chu said.

"And uh, if i may ask, who's her dad?" I asked. "He should be her anytime now." Chu-Chu said. As i waited in front, i couldn't believe my eyes. A white and black striped Toyota AE86 pulled up. My jaw dropped. "N-no way." I muttered. "What's the matter, Joseph?" Eve asked. A tall man, around the same height as i am, short black hair with a black cap, came out of the car. Chu-Chu and her daughter walked to him and hugged. "It's really been a while huh?" I muttered. The man walks up to me, he squinted his eyes. "Joseph?" He muttered. "Any day, Jotaro." We then did a bro handshake.

"Ten years of hard work, eh?" I raised my eyebrows, played with him. "Good grief," He lowered his hat's solid brim. "Only three months," He spoke calmly. "Daamn!" Eirine's blue hair backed off, "How?" Jotaro raised his brim, "It's a perfect choice to be a marine biologist. Despite its vast area, ocean sure brings various organisms closer". "Yep. That vacation to Great Barrier Reef will stick in my memory forever," his spouse continued.

"So, you somehow ended up marrying and having kids with Chu-Chu huh? How can you go down on this poor loli?" I joked. "Hey!" The female got called. "Haha, shut up, you did the same." Jotaro uno reverse carded me. I had flashbacks of Tsugumi afterwards. "Oh, right." I said. I cleared my throat. "Jotaro, I didn't know you were a close friend of Joseph." Chu-Chu said. "Have you never seen Phantom Blood performances? Didn't you see us both on stage?" Jotaro asked. "Well...." Chu-Chu went speechless. "Yare yare daze." Jotaro muttered. Jotaro picked up Chiya and put her on his shoulders. "A lot of things can happen in 10 years." He said.

"Oh yeah, how old is she?" I asked. "She's 5, about to turn 6 this year." Jotaro replied. "Anyway how did you two meet? You two are an unexpected combo that I can't even predict!" I asked. "Well," The washed redhead took Jotaro's ability to talk, "My past racing crew, V-Strom, was getting worse as we didn't know what we were doing. For the disbanding ceremony, we all took a trip to Australia," Her eyes locked on Jotaro, "Then this guy mistakenly took a starfish I collected after diving".

"Ah yes, starfishes, classic Jotaro." I said. "Anyway, i saw your footage of your pikes peak run against that Escudo, you're really not scared of dying huh?" Jotaro asked. "Eh, i don't know, i guess it's a miracle that I'm still here." I responded. "Well im glad we get to meet again here in California, oh and also, you're competing in this event right? I know a good tuning shop that has a good car that you may use." He continued. "Ight, im interested. Take me there. You Drive." I said. "Good grief."

We then headed to Jotaro's tuning shop. "Who runs this shop?" I asked. "Yo, Maya!" Jotaro called. "Yeah yeah, coming!" A voice replied. A girl with short brown hair came out. "Hey, and wait, is that Joseph?" She asked. "Sure am." I said. "Yoooo! It's really been a while huh? Last time we met was back in Japan huhehe." She rambled. "Yeah nice to meet you too." I replied. "Anyway, Jotaro here said that this is a tuning shop? And he has a car that he wants to show me." I continued. "Ah, right, I'll get it out." She ran back inside. "This is my project car, but don't tell Chu-Chu, I've been secretly spending my money on this car." Jotaro nudged. "Got it." I replied.

"This is my Opel Speedster Turbo, track ready

"This is my Opel Speedster Turbo, track ready. Makes 420 HP." Jotaro boasted. He touched its aluminum body, tracing its curvy rear fender. "Agile as a dolphin. I'm bringing this to Sonoma Raceway," He petted his speedster. I was puzzled, "Sonoma?"

"Infineon," His manly voice brightened. He later described his motive of his car project, "A engaging drag competition called "Rogue Speed" is happening two days after G-Effect, an event my spouse's racing team gets invited. Japanese racing elitists The League with its branch Bushido and national drag professionals After Mix are coming. I'm going to show myself with this vehicle and hope to be accepted in either crews".

"Well in that case, we'll be one of your opponents then!" I said. "So it seems." He simply responded. "Anyway, currently it's a track build, I'm about to convert it into a drag build soon, but before that, i wanna see how she runs." Jotaro explained. "So, i want you to test it in your race against Krieger." He continued. "Are you sure? This car looks prestigious!" I backed up. "You're a long time friend of mine, and besides, you survived the pikes peak so you must be a pretty impressive driver." He complimented. He handed me the keys to his Opel. "Take care of her for the day."

I raised my thumbs up, "Alright, Jotaro!"