CHAPTER 9

We waited, and then my name was called. "Quarter mile qualification drag, round 6, Joseph Joestar in the 208 T16 against Chandler Kevins in the Audi RS6." He called. I then get onto the drag strip, getting ready. The lights light up. I prepared myself. Red light, yellow light, green light! I immediately stepped on the gas, the tires gripping and screeching as it's 4WD blasted it through the road. "And that is a blazing 7,8 seconds from the monster Peugeot! Leaving the Audi in its dust." The Announcer confirmed my victory.

"Piece of cake," I shrugged.

Sixteen rounds rolled. That round I competed was ridiculously easy. So easy my eyes were heavy seeing another people intensely fighting for the shortest time. Something I had never experienced.

"Ladies and gentlemeeeen! Rogue Speed's qualification has come to its end. Now, let's celebrate these 8 people who passed it then able to enter finals!" I heard an echoing yet audible sentences while I was contemplating in a food corner, alone. Random people with their cars and time were announced, "In 2nd place, we have Shizaki He with his purple 1970 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda finished a quarter mile in solid 8 seconds. Nice one!" Cool. "We're telling you the 1st place. We have Joseph Joestar! Alongside his Red Bull and Total 2013 Peugeot 208 T16, he had reached an astounding 7,8 seconds. Huge applause for his talent!"

My food corner went even more crowded. Their face expressed a pure happiness of my achievement, but my covered face showed no sign of proud. I'm wrong. This is not me. This car is not my work, i feel no sense of achievement or victory with it. I sighed. "Well, I just have to go with it, for now i guess, until my car is fixed up." I muttered.

Later at night, we relaxed ourselves on yet another 5-stars hotel. I was played with a lobby interactive information centre when someone scared me from behind. "Hey," Shizaki revealed himself. "I haven't told you that tomorrow is a special event. Bushido and the champion of tonight's drag session is competing against After Mix, the most professional drag specialists in the US," He informed. I nodded in normality. "What's wrong with you?" He checked, "You went here early, now you comment nothing about my news. You alright?"

"I dunno I'm just tired i guess." I tried to lie. "I know something's up, we're a team right? Cmon tell me what's up." Shizaki insisted. "You know how I've been winning all these drags? I don't feel accomplished by any of the wins, because I'm not using my car, it's Aya's car, so the win should be all hers, because the car is her work, not mine. It bothers me." I explained.

"Hey, cars might be important, but you know who's even more important, the driver itself. Without the driver, a car will be as same as a child who doesn't have any guards to guide to. It's going to be clueless, thus becomes worthless. So, all those wins that u got are completely yours, because you guide your child to be the best of all," Shizaki cheered me up.

I thought about what Shizaki said to me for a while. "Well, i guess in a way you're right." I replied. "Alright, get yourself back up man, we still have a long way to go. Now go get some rest, it's getting late." Shizaki suggested.