CHAPTER 21

Doong! Dooong! Dooong! 9 more dongs was heard in my alarm phone. Oh right, I was supposed to stay overnight with Tsugumi as it was the first day of a new month, but I participated in a crucial race.

"It's midnight, and it's time for these last winners to show their real skill into the deal. Let's go, 426 Growlers, Front Rollers, and Warrior's Path! Tooooo theeeee traaaaaaack!"

"Time for a total mayhem 5v5v5 race! Can they survive? We'll have to see!" The Announcer started.

"Ok Joseph, it's going to get crowded in here so be careful. Don't do any careless moves." Shizaki advised via intercom.

I hopped in the car and acquired the lead, with Shizaki on my side. I was too lazy to hear those speakers talked about positions. Luckily, this race was being broadcasted in Youtube so I looked up the 2nd qualification contestant list.

Two names hooked my attention:

#3 Front Rollers - Giorno Giovanna - Ford Escort Cosworth - Blue
#5 Front Rollers - Ran Mitake - Honda Civic Type R - Black, Red

uhh...

"Looks like we got a couple here eh?" I remembered. He didn't notice me, kinda sad, i really want to give him a bro hug and catch up with him.

"Now's not the time to reminisce, time to race! Even though you my brother, giorno, i have to beat you!" I motivated myself.

"I wish Tsugumi is interested in racing." I muttered. "Focus Joseph, it's almost time!" Shizaki said.

"Before we start, we would like to remind you that two winning crews are going to face Showdown Kings from United States, raving Ryo Watanabe and deadly Ryan Cooper, in the next midnight, so prepare your car and mental in... three..."

The same guy wih green shirt waved a green flag.

"Two..."

Slid to the left.

"One..."

Slid to the right.

"Aannnd....."

The flag waved down hard.

"GOOOOOOOOOO!"

Vrrrrrrooo! Groooo! Brrrrrrr! Vraaaaa! Skrrrrrrrt! My wheel spun on the ground, still and fast, so Shizaki and Giorno had passed me, but after few miliseconds, pew! I blasted between them.

"Pfft, that Escort is nothing compared to its V8 cousin!" I bragged. I raced as clean as possible on this 15-man 15 lap race.

One of the members of the 426 Growlers had a Ford Mustang Foxbody, which is really putting up a fight for 2nd place. But it eventually succumbed to 3rd, and me to 2nd.

"Let's see who's first.." i squinted. A black Civic with a red streak on the right. Ah yes, Giorno's girlfriend? Spouse? Don't know, don't care, gotta win.

I pressurized the gas pedal, but I quickly put my pressure into the brakes. Bloody. I almost hit her as she suddenly braked in the middle of ths straight. A good opportunity, then. I just needed to sway right and done, right? Wrong. I swung right, her Civic quickly followed my movement. I went left, right, left, right. She went left, right, left, right. Oh gosh! What in the world was she thinking about? Fwoooosh! The last Mustang Foxbody passed us, then fweeesh! Giorno's sluggish Ford Escort overtook my Ford like this GT was a joke.

"Joseph that civics blocking you, get out of there." Shizaki advised. "But i can't! She keeps blocking my way! If i bump into her too hard I'll get disqualified!" I replied.

"Hang in there, find the perfect moment." Shizaki told. I just went from 2nd to 4th. Thankfully it was only the 3rd lap. "C'mon!" I yelled. I honked. No avail. She kept on blocking and humiliating this powerful Ford GT. Its paint that resembled a race car made this action even more unacceptable. Many tries to overtook but couldn't. Her Civic dragged me deep down to 15th position.