CHAPTER 7

So we went into Maya's garage and did a check up. "Ouh yeah, burnt clutch, one burnt sparkplug, and one turbo is partly malfunctioning." Maya diagnosed, "Huhehe. Simple problem. All you need to do is..." Zzzzt! A bizarre, glowing sunlight aura flowed to the broken parts. Overcooked components turned into well done pieces. "Done," Maya resolved.

"What the? How did you do that?" Jotaro looks puzzled. "Woah, looks like Jonathan taught you well in the past 10 years." I said. "I mastered it myself for 9 years, Jonathan just straight up disappeared from teaching me." Maya responded. "Teach? Jonathan? What does he have to do with anything?" Jotaro got even more confused. "A family secret," I told him, "But my brother had to spill it to shut her off during high school years".

"Well all that magic mojo jojo repairs of yours is going to waste. I want to replace the parts with higher grade ones." Jotaro said. "Augh! Duude..." She dropped her head and hands, replicated a puppet. "Yare yare daze," Maya precisely copied Jotaro's macho tone, then reopened Opel's trunk.

"With your expertise this shouldn't take too long." Jotaro complimented. "Hey, also uh, Maya, do you know any place that offers cars that is good for drag racing?" I asked. "I can tune your Renault to be a fine drag car." Maya replied. "Well problem is, i want to take the Renault back to Japan, and I don't think Tsugumi will like to be riding in a full blown drag car." I explained.

Maya chuckled, "Huhehe... It's also simple," "Behold!" She raised a thingamajig from her pocket to the sky. "I called it "EVERYTHING"! Why? Becuase it tunes EVERY single part of your car with just this screen," She handed me the gizmo. "Make a rally car, track car, drag car, EVERYTHING!" She bowed formally like she was in a recital.

"Where did you get this thing?" I asked. "Huhehe, secret." She said. "You know, as much as this device simplifies tuning, I'd prefer tuning it by hand. You feel more connected to your car, knowing it's nooks and crannies, rather just using this device to make a preset build." I told my opinion. "Anyway, I'm gonna take my Renault now." I added. "Ough!" Her glasses fell in disappointement.

I had 0 interest with her service. I kept my Renault like it was before. With my Clio, I took a trip to Northern Calfornia with my teammates. I could keep up with them since they were using the last cars they had used. The hyper cars? Kokoro's airplane returned them to Japan. Sonoma, I'm coming for you, Baby.

Meanwhile...

Sky had darkened in Willow Springs. Two tall men - one as muscular as a body builder, one as skinny as skeleton - knocked a front door of a tudor. Creeeak... "Oh. Hello, there," The house owner greeted. The beefy man handed several luggage full of packed money, "This is your payment". "Thank you so much," The receiver smiled. The duo left him and got in a crimson Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X.

"Good thing Ray Krieger agreed with my boss," The thin one started.

"True," The buff one synchronized.

"They're unstoppable. I hope G-Effect's easiness will make their guard off".

"We wish. We failed in Pikes Peak as we directly confronted them. Now, we're doing it slowly".