CHAPTER 20

"What a exciting night it is! We're here to see the experienced crew who put their mind and heart into racing for 10 years battles against the crew who just started their career officially one month ago,"

The spokesperson was telling audiences the contestants while I was being adjusted on track by staffs around.

"Okay, we have Strait6 Kanon Matsubara's red Toyota Supra RZ and Warrior's Path Abioye's red Chevrolet Corvette C6 on the front row. Then, we have Strait6 Shamiko Yoshida's another red Supra, with Warrior's Path Tatenda's yellow Porsche 911 Turbo. On the third row, we can see Strait6 Mashiro Rikka's fiery BMW M3 E46 alongside Warriors' Path Makena's silver BMW Z4 M Coupe. Next up, there are Strait6 Alexandre Taycan's crimson Nissan Skyline R33 GTR and Kwanza's golden Pontiac GTO. And finally, these people on the back are Strait6 Shairo Hinata's chili red Nissan Skyline 2000GTR and Warriors' Path Jojo's classic blue and orange Ford GT40",

"Hmm... What?"

"Oh, I apologize. Warriors' Path Jojo drives a blue and orange Ford GT".

"Alright, all lined up!" A guy with green T-Shirt showed his thumb after all cars had been positioned behind the starting line.

"Dang, the Strait6 is on fire! Get it?" I joked. "Yeah yeah, now let's get ready to race, Jojo." Shizaki prepared.

I revved the V8, and i could clearly hear the supercharger whine and the menacing growl of the GT, since the engine is right behind me.

Everytime i rev, i could feel this thing shake, it's just that powerful. "It's kinda cramped here." I muttered.

Then a super promotion staff gets to the line with a flag, and held it up high. We shifted and clutched in, ready to launch. Then, the flag was down. We accelerated down the course.

 We accelerated down the course

the illustration of the course

This car has tremendous power, so it wheelspinned when i immediately stepped on it, but it's light weight helped the launch to be quicker.

Skreeeet! "Excuse me!" Vraaaaaap! "Sorrry, sorry," Vraaaaap! Vraaaaa.... I shifted from last to first in just two turns. It was a long straight ahead. Vraaaaaa.... Whiiiii..... As usual, there was another person who wanted to attack. Mirrors told me there was a red car that resembled a Supra shouting its engine to the front. Is that a Supra?  Yes. It really was a Supra.

"Yo is that a supra?!" I muttered. "What, is that a Supra?!" Ken continued. The Supra tried to attack my position, but i defended it by going inside lane.

It overtook me with the outside line. I remember that racing lines don't really matter in a track this short and small. The Supra gained a short lead but falls prey to the GT in the straight. I was catching up.

"Here comes the 90 degree turn, sorry, Kanon." I squeezed through and managed to retake my position. "Back on first baby!" I told the crew. "Good job, keep the lead, I'm right behind this Supra right now." Shizaki said.

Yet another straight ahead. I forced this GT to use its full potential to get away from the lurking Supra. "2 sharp turns!" Skeet! Scoot! All done clean. After this Ford made the last turn before the next lap, I heard the sound of Supra. It was louder that it should be. I scouted my mirrors.

"Two Supras!?" My heart pumped.

"I tried to block the Supra on my back, but it went so fast even on this fairly short straight," Shizaki intensified my heartbeat.

One of the supras managed to catch up and overtake me. "Alright, last lap, long straight, gotta go fast." I floored the GT.

"Joseph, you're going rather fast to that hairpin, better slow down or you're gonna crash into the crowd." Shizaki warned.

I have a plan, watch this.

As soon as i approached the hairpin, i swung the rear end of my GT the left, slowing it down slightly, and using the inertia, it swung the rear end to the right like a pendulum, and i made a swift hairpin drift, with high speed, effortlessly overtaking the Supra.

"Nani?! Kansei dorifto?!" The Supra drivers gasped.

One of the red Supra was dumbfounded so much she forgot to turn. "OH NONONONONO!" Brake pedal pushed. Handbrake pulled. Engine shut down. All the effort to prevent her Supra to murder the audiences. "Whoooa!" All watchers ran away from the Supra aaand... BONK! It rammed a red cargo box deep enough to generate smoke.

"Ouch. Kanon Matsubara is waaay to impressed with our Jojo's overtaking skill," MC commented.

And i crossed the finish line first, with Shizaki 2nd, Eirine 3rd, and and the other racers are below. Warrior's path took the podium.

"And Warrior's path takes all the podium spaces for themselves! They win!" The crowd cheered. I went to Kanon's crash to check on her.

"Hey, Kanon, isn't it? You alright?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm fine, your racing techniques are impressive, kinda reminds me of that Joseph Joestar's reckless driving style." She said.

"I'm his best friend. He's sure the perfect guy to be a role model," I covered smoothly.

"And your face is almost identical too, unless you're 20 years older than him, hihihi..."

"Haha, I'll take that as a compliment, that Joseph Joestar is sure one handsome man." I smoothly complimented myself.

"Yeah, sad that he has to go to prison. Well, congrats for your victory anyway." Kanon congratulated.