CHAPTER 5

Sun had risen again. Bushido took a calm rest in Willow Springs' parking lot. Yes. I was so excited everybody decided to sleep in their cars for a day. My deep sleep were pulled out by a obnoxious ringing telephone. "Whaaaaaat...?" I yawned. A sentence by my leader was recieved, "This is Shizaki. We better hurry. Chiyu Tamade's boss is waiting".

"Oh right." I took the keys to the Opel Speedster and went to the track. Chu-Chu looked at our cars and her eyes locked to the Opel. "Wow, nice car you got there, Joseph." She complimented. "Where did you get it from? Did you build it?" She questioned. Jotaro glanced at me. "I uh, its a project car I've been working on." I replied. "I see." Chu-Chu inspected. "Huh? How can you have a project c-" i held Eirine's arm and flowed it with hamon, holding her ability to speak.

As I was discussing, an active-looking medium man with a short hair walked in. He asked this train noise, "Hey, Chiyu. Would you like to replace my old clutchwheel?" She looked up and greeted, "Hey, Ray-Sama- oops!" She covered her mouth. Eirine and I stared at her awkwardly. "Sorry, I'm in a business right now," Her voice resonated denial. That guy lowered his hand and patted her shoulder, "Come on. You're more professional about transmission than I do". His shining eyes emitted sincere desperation. His partner eventually gave up easily, "Okay, Ray. I'm fixing your BMW," Chu-chu left us. "Thank you so much!" His head turned back, then rotated to us.

"So, you're Ray Krieger?" I asked. "Yes, and you are?" He asked back. "We're bushido. We're here to challenge you." Shizaki declared. "Ah right, i heard that a couple of guys will come visit me." He said. "What a disappointment, a racer that can't fix his own ride." I dissed. "Tch tch. Your next line is: Hey what's your problem?! Better watch your mouth." I added.

"Yeah. I sure indeed need to learn more," He turned his head down. No! What? How could this happened? My brain was destroyed by my horribly wrong predictions. A tragedy that exterminated my confidence to pester my rivals. I just stood there, looking at his pure innocent expression. "Anyway, congratulations for your latest race. I can't believe Chiyu's car explodes," He spoke like my spicy critics didn't exist. "But now, you're facing with the Grip King, Ray Krieger! I guarantee you'll do the best," He shook my shattered hand and Bushido's, then proceeded to wander in our pit. This... isn't gonna be easy...

"Dude's polite," Hana muttered. "I guess so." I added. "We walked over to Ray's pit and saw Chu-Chu working on Ray's BMW, under the car. "You alright down there?" Jotaro asked. "At least im still breathing." Chu-Chu faintly replied. "You look tired, you should take a break." I suggested. Chu-Chu slid out from under the car. "Yeah, taking care of a child and doing all this stuff can be exhausting, i barely got any sleep last night."

"Hey, hear me out, you're a mechanic right?" She asked Ken. "Um, yeah?" He responded. "I'll cut you a deal, if you can take care of this, I'll give you a car of mine, i haven't used it in a while and not planning to." Chu-Chu negotiated. "All you need to do is replace that the clutch with this one." She added.

"That's way too much. You don't have to give me your precious vehicle," Ken's feet walked backwards. "It's fine i can always get a better one, if you wanna check it out first to convince you, here, pit garage #17." Chu-Chu gave Ken keys to a Nissan. "A Nissan?" Ken inspected. "Don't look at it like it's some trash car, check it out first and it'll change your mind." Chu-Chu convinced. So we decided to check on pit garage 17, an opened it to a surprise.

Inside it was a covered up car, and when we opened it, it revealed to be some Nissan race car.

"Special Nissan Fairlady Z! An exact replica of the one that the Japanese racer Masami Kageyama used

"Special Nissan Fairlady Z! An exact replica of the one that the Japanese racer Masami Kageyama used. From specifications, body works, everything," She turned on projection lights, made the car looked better, "I bought it for 7,6 million Yen. Worth it," Her head tilted to Ken. "A Japanese grand touring car championship Nissan Motul Pitwork Z!" Shizaki inspected. "Puts up around 476 HP, can keep up with most things." Chu-Chu informed. "Yeah? Yeah?" Her maroon hair touched the ground as she looked at short Ken that was taller than her.

When Chu-Chu was haggling, her leader entered. "Heya!" Ray in suit greeted, "Thanks for your initial help. My BMW has been finished by a really tall, muscular guy". The girl startled. "Your eye sockets are suffering. Go to sleep now," Ray pushed Chu-Chu into her Shelby, "Sleep well, Chiyu," then closed its door.

"Fantastic day everybody! Today is the final day of G-Effect! In this exciting day, the Grip King from Grip Runners, Ray Krieger, will challenge the opposing crew Bushido all by himself! Ohoho!" Speakers in pits halted all activities.

"Should we take Chu-Chu's advice and use the Nissan?" Hana wondered. "I think we should, we should get all the power we can." I suggested. "Roll it out." Shizaki commanded. We rolled out the Nissan and brought it to our pit for a bit of tuning. "All our cars are pretty underpowered, 420-476 HP, while as Chu-Chu said, Ray's car holds a much bigger power." Shizaki said. "So we're screwed?" I said.

"Horsepower and competence aren't same. Of course we're able to beat him!" Ken entertained me.