CHAPTER 22

Saturday, June 1st. Whoa. My mental state was so serious I was paying attention at today's calendar. From the afternoon, I was thinking about the race several times. Warrior's Path were also thinking about it. Deep thoughts about strategies to bring ourselves to the podium. This crew - Front Rollers - were something else. I had to be something else, too.

At 6 pm, Warrior's Path once again arrived in Port of Tokyo. Until 8.45 pm, I had tested the track, tuned the car based on the environment, and analyzed the crew opponents' moves. The track got more space now, so more chance to gain advantages.

It is now 15 minutes left until the event starts. I check my car components, make sure everything is ready. Tires, check, fuel, check, brakes, check, oil, check.

For some reason this race is really making me nervous. I then saw Giorno's Escort pull up at the nearby pit. I decided to go greet him.

"Hey, uh, Giorno isn't?" I greeted. "Yeah, anything i can help you with?" He replied. "Emm, sorry for yesterday, i was kind of hot headed that I was consumed by anger." I apologized.

"It's all fine, you've always been this way anyways, Joseph." Giorno caught me by surprise. "Joseph? I'm not Joseph! Haha.. ha." I chuckled. "Oh come on man, the day i saw you and heard your accent i know it's you." He explained.

"Besides, I'm one of your best friends, I'm not gonna snitch on ya." He continued.

"Thanks, Giorno. You're as helpful as a caring mother," I patted him on the back.

"Don't call me that. Anyway, may the best wins".

"May the best wins".

"So, finally cool with the other crew?" Eirine said. "Yeah, he's a cool guy." I replied.

"Well Ken, is everything good, all our cars are in perfect condition?" I asked. "Yep, i guarantee you, all good!" He confirmed.

5 minutes left until the event starts. The crowd was starting to build up and the Pastel Palettes had arrived backstage.

I could listen to the spokesperson on stage, "What a gleaming night in this Saturday. People usually drive themselves home while listening to iconic city pops. But we're Super Promotion. We're not following mainstream trends. And that's why we're bringing you the final-est of the finals in this Poort of Tooookyoooo!"

Audiences couldn't help themselves, "YOOOOOOOOOO! WEEEEEE!"

"I lllllike all of your spirits! We know from previous event that fresh Warrior's Path and tactical Front Rollers had a tie, so this is where they fight for real. It's getting even more real when Super Promotion's best drivers are also here to join the race. We present to you, Showdown Kings, Ryo Watanabe and Ryyyan Cooooooper!!!"

"Heh, here we go again." I muttered. We saw the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X and the Nissan 240SX roll in. "Hope Ryan doesn't notice us, he's usually the keen one." I continued.

"And now, the two challenging crews! Front Rollers, and Warrior's path!" The Announcer exclaimed. We rolled our cars into the arena.

"Alright folks, same deal, 15 lap race, just like yesterday. But, since the showdown kings are here, if you finish after the Kings, you still win, but if you manage to finish before the Kings, you get a special meet and greet with our special stars of tonight!" He explained.

"And who would that be? Let me give a clue. They're the one of the top five bands in Japan. Wanna see their performance? Let these racers show their performances first in..."

Vrrrooo! Brrrroo! All the cars warmed their engines up. Started from Showdown Kings on the front, then the next rows were like a Warrior's Path and a Front Rollers in every row. As it was finals, the similar cute girl with covered bright two pieces walked to the starting line and moved her hand. First, she opened her right hand, then left hand, then both her hand raised up....