Chapter 2

Anakin looked at the little girl before him.
She had orange reddish skin with white facial markings. And on her head were two underdeveloped montrals and three blue and white striped leeku. She wore a small green dress that looked worn.

She also took the time to study him and the clones around her. They seemed friendly enough.

"Where are your parents little one?" Anakin asked still studying the girl.

The girl said nothing but ran right into Anakin's arms and buried her face in his chest.
"The droids t-they-" and without saying another word she started to sob.

Anakin looked at Rex. He honestly had no clue what to do about this, but he knew it wouldn't be safe to just leave her here.
"It's alright little one we will take care of you." He said rubbing circles on her back.

She said nothing but raised her head from his chest and gave him a small nod. Then picking her up he carried her on his hip over to the camp.

Seeing all of the men in armor she quickly hid her face in Anakin's shoulder and clung to him.

Walking up to the field medic they called Kix Anakin sat Ahsoka down on a medical cot next to the clone. He wanted to make sure that everything was ok with her and that if she needed medical attention she would get some.
Ahsoka who didn't want Anakin to leave tried her best to hold on to him but was stopped when he gently put her down on the cot.

"It's ok Little'un I won't hurt you." Kix said calmly taking off his helmet so that she could see his face.

She studied him for a moment before reaching her hand up to his face to trace the shaved patterns of hair on his head.
She giggled at the feel of his hair which caused Anakin to light up with a smile.

"Can I see your arm?" Kix asked pointing to a cut that she had on her arm.

Anakin frowned and scolded himself for not noticing the cut on her arm.

She gave Kix a small nod before lifting up her arm to him.
He lightly pushed up the sleeve of her dress that had dried blood on it and grabbed a wet cloth.
"This might sting." He said to the little girl.

He then started to clean the wound and bandage it up. She stayed still the whole time and didn't complain.

Finally after he was all done she looked up to Anakin with a conflicted look.
"What will happen to me now?" She asked quietly.

Anakin was about to answer to tell her that they would take care of her when they were interrupted by Rex.

"Sir we have droid on the east side of our position closing in." Rex called out through the comm.

Anakin quickly stood up.
"Kix can you take care of her?" He said pointing to Ahsoka.
"Yes sir!" He replied.

Anakin crouched down to Ahsoka's level and looked at her in the eyes.
"Stay here I'll be right back." He said to her.
She gave him a nod then quickly hugged him before crawling over to Kix.

"What's your name?" She asked the clone in a cheery tone.
He smiled, it gave him happiness to know that someone wanted to know his name and not his number. Even if that person is a child.
"Kix! What about you?" He asked with a big grin.
"Ahsoka!" She said with pride.
"Well Ahsoka it seems you might be sticking with us for a little bit, do you know where your parents are?" Kix asked not sure what the outcome would be.

She gave him a serious look before finally opening her mouth.
"The droids came and took them away."

"Why?" Kix asked in a genuine tone.

"Do you promise not to tell?" She said in a quiet serious voice.
"Pinky promise!" He said intertwining his finger with her own.

"My mama and dada told me that the shadows would come for us and that they just didn't know when." She said keeping her eyes locked on his.

Kix studied her for a second she didn't sound like the small child she looked like, she sounded more or less like an adult who had seen the pains of war.
"Why would they come?" He asked his voice getting quieter.

"To take me away."

Suddenly she bolted straight up standing up on the bed.
"Someone's coming." She whispered to the clone who was sitting next to her.

That's when they heard the lightsabers ignite.

"Shadow." She whispered.

Kix looked at her as if to confirm what she had said before quickly picking her up.
"We have to go!" He said grabbing his helmet and gun while still holding on to Ahsoka.

He then got up to start running when the droids marched in. Seeing the incoming droids he took off with Ahsoka in his arms to the forest in front of them.

Once they had run as deep as they could into the forest Kix decided it was best to get some backup.
"General Skywalker come in." He spoke into his comm.

"Kix! Where are y'all? Where's Ahsoka?" Anakin answered quickly in a worried tone.

Ahsoka giggled before putting her mouth up to Kix's arm and speaking.
"Hi!" She yelled but was quickly shushed by Kix.

Anakin smiled at Ahsoka's outburst, but quickly moved that to the back of his mind.

"We were ambushed Sir and are now hiding in the forest about two clicks north of your position." Kix informed them.

Ahsoka had drowned out their conversation, she was getting bored. So she decided to climb. Using a little bit of her hidden power she jumped to the nearest branch that was 7 feet off the ground with ease, and kept jumping.

Jumping up onto another tree branch Kix's mouth dropped when he saw the heights she was jumping to.

"Yeha General you might want get here quickly there's something you might want to see." He said before quickly turning off the comm and turning to Ahsoka.

Oooooo interesting and fluffy just the way I like it😂