Chapter 12

Ahsoka rocked back in forth on the bench in her cell. She was still processing the fact that her own order had expelled her for something she hadn't done.

"Hey." A familiar voice called out from the now open door.

"Rex, Anakin." She breathed as she ran towards them and gave them a hug.

"How are you holding up?" Rex asked her rubbing her back.
Ahsoka just gave him a sad look.

"Padme is going to help you in your trial with the senate." Anakin said placing a hand on her shoulder.

Ahsoka smiled into Rex's shoulder as she remembered first meeting the senator.

8 years ago

"Where are we?" Ahsoka said in awe as she stared at the amazing building around her. Being with Anakin and the boys for two months now she really hadn't been around much other than the temple and the Resolute.

"This is the senate building." Anakin said with a smile as he gently took the little 7 year olds hand.
"Why are we here?" Ahsoka asked him as she stared into his eyes.

Anakin sighed.
"I have to go and talk to someone so I'm going to drop you off with a friend for a minute."

Ahsoka whimpered, she had only really been around Anakin and the clones and was still rather shy when meeting new people.

"Don't worry you'll like her." Anakin said with a chuckle as her gave her pat a rub.
Ahsoka gave Anakin a nod as he led her down a hallway and into what looked to be an office.

He opened the door and lightly pushed Ahsoka inside as he walked behind her.
Inside sat a beautiful young woman with brown hair that appeared to be in a headdress of sorts. She had the darkest brown eyes Ahsoka had ever seen, and they looked so kind.

"Padme," Anakin said with a proud smile, "there's someone I would like you to meet." He said pushing Ahsoka towards her.

Ahsoka shot him a glare that seemed to scream 'don't you embarrass me'.

"Hi!" Ahsoka said meekly as she looked at the young woman.
"Why hello there little one! Anakin who's this?" She asked with a kind smile.

"This," he smiled, "is my Padawan Ahsoka Tano."
"Padawan? But I thought you said-"
"Well things kinda changed." He said sheepishly as he brushed his hair to the side with his hand.

"Well, Ahsoka my name is Padme." She said sweetly as she crouched down in front of the little girl and outstretched a hand for her.
Ahsoka gladly shook Padme's hand and smiled at her.

"Padme I was wondering if you could watch her for a little bit while I go talk to the chancellor. Do you mind?" Anakin asked.
"Sure I'd love too!" Padme said joyfully looking down at the Torgruta girl in front of her.

Anakin gave the two one last look before walking out the door.

Ahsoka studied Padme.
"What is a senate?" Ahsoka asked Padme, she had wanted to ask Anakin but she thought that Padme would probably have a better answer for her.

Padme smiled at Ahsoka's curiosity.
"The senate is a group of people who help keep the planets in the republic safe and make sure there is order."

"Like the 501st?" Ahsoka asked.

Padme chuckled.
"Well not like that more like helping people with our voices, we make sure the people are heard."

"Are you a senator?"
"Yes I am the senator of Naboo." Padme answered with a smile.
"Naboo! Anakin is always talking about how pretty it is there!" Ahsoka said.

Padme blushed and Ahsoka cocked her head. Being a Togruta she didn't blush her Leeku just darken, so it was always strange to see blushing.

"Do you and Anakin like each other?" Ahsoka exclaimed with a gasp remembering Anakin's blush towards her.
Padme laughed awkwardly.
"Of course not! Anakin- is just a good friend of mine!" Padme stuttered.
"It's ok," ahsoka whispered, "I can keep a secret."

Padme gave the girl a smile.

"Hey guys, sorry that took so long!" Anakin announced as he entered the room.

"That's alright. I hope to see you both again, SOON." She glared at her husband and Anakin laughed.

"Bye Padme!" Ahsoka said.

Once Ahsoka walked out of the room and was out of sight Anakin quickly ran over to his wife and gave her a quick kiss before running to meet Ahsoka.

"Can we go see her again soon?" Ahsoka asked once they had exited the building.
Anakin smiled.
"Sure."

Present time

"Do you really think the senate will believe me?" Ahsoka asked sadly looking at Anakin.

Anakin didn't get the chance to respond.

"It is time for your trial Tano!" They heard Tarkin announce.
Anakin clenched his fists as he watched the guards force cuffs on Ahsoka and push her out of the cell.

"I only hope that a criminal like you will get justice." Tarkin hissed in her montral and Anakin had to hold Rex back.
Ahsoka glared at Tarkin.

"Your version of justice and my version are quite different Admiral." She growled at Tarkin as he parted from her.

Ahsoka could only give Rex and Anakin a look that seemed to say 'don't worry about me' as she was forced onward and they were stopped by the guards.

But they still couldn't help but worry.

The next chapter is going to be exciting