Chapter 18

After they had walked for over an hour they finally approached a farm that looked promising.

"Is this it?" Hardcase asked.

"I don't know, but we can sure ask." Ahsoka responded as she approached the door of one of the little huts on the farm.

Giving Rex a look of permission he nodded and she knocked on the door.

The door opened and a young human man opened the door.

"Hello? How can I help you?" He asked as he eyed the Torgruta girl in front of him.

"We need a place to lay low for a while. We were told to find Lars? Anakin Skywalker sent us." Ahsoka explained.

"Anakin? Huh. Well you are welcome to come inside and we will see what we can offer you." He said kindly gesturing for Ahsoka and the men to enter.

"Oh I forgot to introduce myself I'm Owen, Owen Lars." He greeted Ahsoka stretching out a hand.

Ahsoka smiled and took his hand and shook it.
"I'm Ahsoka Tano." She greeted with a smile.

"And how do you know Anakin?" He asked her.

"Funny I was just about to ask you the same thing. I- used to be his Padawan." Ahsoka said.

Owen frowned. Used to be? That was a question for later.
"I'm Anakin's half brother." He explained and the faces of the men dropped.

"General Skywalker has a brother?" One of them said.

"Did you know about this sir?" Another asked the girl named Ahsoka.

"No, I didn't." She said softly.

"You said you needed a place to stay right?" Owen asked.

"Yes, just for a little while. We don't have much in the way of credits, but I plan on getting some soon to pay you back." Ahsoka said and one of the faces of the men turned into a confused look.

That's when Owen realized all the men looked alike. They were clones. And not any clones. Clones that served in the republic.
"I would usually say no, but I know that a Jedi's word is one that doesn't lie so I'll see what I can do." Owen said smiling at the young girl who smiled in return.

"Thank you. We appreciate it." Ahsoka said sweetly.

Owen led them outside the hut and led them towards one of the empty one that sat on the edge of the farm.

Walking up to the door and opening it he led the group inside and turned on the lights.

It looked like labor worker quarters, with beds lined up on the sides of the wall. And in the corner sat a fresher and a small kitchen area.

"It's not much, but It's all we have to offer." Owen apologized.

"Thank you really." Ahsoka said to him handing him a small bag of credits that was tied to her hips.

Owen took the credits from Ahsoka and smiled before leaving the group in their new home.

"This is nice." Jesse said as he ran over to one of the beds and laid down on it.

"If you don't mind me asking Ahsoka. But how do you plan on getting money around here?" Rex asked breaking the happy mood.

"Bounty hunting jobs are always available in scum holes like this." Ahsoka said with a sigh.

"BOUNTY HUNTING!?! Are you crazy Anakin would-" Kix exclaimed before being cut off by Ahsoka.

"We do NOT tell Anakin about this. And you can't change my mind. It's already made up." Ahsoka argued crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'm going with you." Rex ordered.

"Rex, you and I both know I would last longer out there due to my- training." Ahsoka sighed.

Everyone stayed silent. It didn't make much sense for the person they were supposed to protect to go out Bounty Hunting of all things. But Ahsoka did have a point. Being an Ex Jedi would make her the one most suited for the job.

"Do you even remember how to shoot a blaster?" Fives asked.

Ahsoka smiled.
"Of course, how could I ever forget."

4 years ago

The clones had decided it was time to make Ahsoka take a break from lightsaber training and get her into some training that could save her life one day.

"You want to teach her what!?" Anakin exclaimed and Ahsoka giggled behind him.

"With all due respect general we are in a war. It would be smart if she learned how to use a gun." Rex said in a very Captain tone.

"Are you sure you aren't just stealing her away so that you guys can prank me again?" Anakin asked looking at the 11 year old girl.

"Of course not Master." She said with a smirk.

"Alright fine but only for a little bit ok?" Anakin told the clones who nodded in return before grabbing Ahsoka by the arm and dragging her along with them.

Once they had gotten to the training room Rex handed her one of his blasters.

"Break that and I just might kill you." Rex said in a serious tone and Ahsoka just rolled her eyes.

"Relax Rexter I won't." Ahsoka comforted as she raised her hand with the blaster.

"Ok so you are going to want to turn yourself like this." Fives demonstrated turning his body to the side and stretching out the hand with the blaster.

"Now aim." Rex said.

"Safety off." Fives added.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes pointed turned off safety aimed and fired.

"Not bad." Fives praised.

"Your going to need a bit more work." Rex added in a mature voice.

"Hey, it's like you guys always say, 'practice makes perfect!'" Ahsoka argued as she looked at the target board.

She had missed the center, but it still hit the board.

"Or it's like General Kenobi says, 'so uncivilized!'" Hardcase exclaimed putting on a fake British accent.

Present time

"Fine." Rex said with a sigh.

"Fine what?" Ahsoka smirked.

"I will allow you to go out and get a job." Rex grumbled as he knew in his mind he was definitely going to regret his decision.

Yayyyyyy