Chapter 21

"So did you find any jobs?" Rex asked Ahsoka as she stepped off the speeder and approached the hut they were staying at.

"I did." She said with a smile. She knew they were going to turn 'big brother mode' on when they learned who she was going to be working with and for.

"And?" Rex cocked an eyebrow at her.

"And it's a joint mission." Ahsoka told him.

"Oh really? With who?" Rex crosses his arms over his chest.

"Umm. Oh what was his name." Ahsoka smirked.

"If you don't tell me then we aren't going to let you go." Rex told her

"And if you don't let me go then we don't have a place to stay! It was the only job I could find." Ahsoka pointed out.

Rex sighed and placed his hand on his face.
"Fair point."

"Alright then it's settled." Ahsoka told him as she set off towards her bed and flopped down on it.

"So?? Did you find a job?" Fives asked as he came to sit on the edge of her bed.

"Yes, yes I did." Ahsoka said sitting up to find herself surrounded by the group of clones.

"Who are you working with?" Jesse asked.

"How long will you be gone?" Hardcase whined.

"Wait first let's ask her WHAT the job is first!" Echo pointed out.

"Boba Fett, Don't know and he told me he would give me the specs tomorrow." Ahsoka said answering all of their questions.

"BOBA FETT?!! WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!? ARE YOU CRAZY!!" Kix exclaimed.

Ahsoka laughed.
"Relax! He didn't recognize me, I barely recognized him. You guys look weird as teenagers." She chuckled.

"Wait he's your age?" Rex said with a dark tone.

"Pretty sure. He doesn't have the aging mechanism you guys have." Ahsoka sighed.

"Ok that's it your not going!" Rex told her.

"What! Why?" She yelled.

"Are you kidding me! A guy your age! Old enemy, you practically were the one to put him in jail. And don't get me started on how teenage boys act around girls your age!" Rex yelled.

"Rex you forget we are her age." Kix chuckled.

"Can it KIX!" Rex growled.

"Rex do you trust me?" Ahsoka said softly.

"Yes, but-"

"Then trust that I can do this on my own. Please I need to do this." Ahsoka pleaded.

"Fine." Rex grumbled.

"Fine what?" Ahsoka said with a smirk.

"Fine you can go."Rex grumbled again and Ahsoka smirked.

It seemed Obi Wan the negotiator had rubbed off on her more than they thought.

——————

Anakin clenched his fists as he made his way to Barriss Offee chambers with the recording.

As he stood in front of the door he relaxed himself and put on a different emotion,
So that she wouldn't be able to tell.

He lightly knocked on the door.

"Master Skywalker?" Came the feeble reply as the door opened.

"Hey can I talk to you? It's about Ahsoka." Anakin said in a sad tone.

"Of course Master." She said with a sad smile.

"How are you feeling Master after you know." Barriss said softly as the door closed.

"I know what you did." Anakin growled in his throat.

"What? What do you mean?" Barriss stuttered.

"I know you were behind the killing. I know you deleted the evidence but not all of it!" He hissed at her as he pulled out the recording and played it to her.

Then the unexpected happened.

Instead of fighting.

Barriss Offee slunk to the floor in sobs.

"I didn't mean for this to happen." She cried.

Anakin felt no pity for the girl but grabbed her lightsaber and ignited it close to her throat.

"You let her die!" He yelled. He knew Ahsoka wasn't dead but he knew it was the best way to get a confession out of her.

"I didn't mean for her to die! I thought they would just put her in prison! But I was right! The Jedi are corrupt and evil! They are no better than the sith!" She screamed at him.

Anakin slammed the lightsaber on the top of her head. Making her unconscious.

He smiled at the new recording on his commlink and smiled.

"Time to bring Ahsoka back home." He said with a smile.

I'm shaking