Chapter 26

Anakin knew something was wrong.

He just knew it.

"Are we almost there yet?" Anakin asked the clones for the fifth time.

"No offense General, but you need to calm down." Rex said to him.

"Your right. I'm sorry." Anakin apologized.

"We are here." Fives announced from the other side of the ships and Anakin leap out of his seat.

"I just hope we aren't too late."

————

When Obi Wan heard the news that the clones had returned along with Anakin he made sure to notify the council.

"Obi Wan!" He heard Anakin call out from behind. He turned to him with a smile.

"She's been taken." Anakin panted in panic.

"Who Anakin?" Obi wan questioned.

"Ahsoka."

Obi wan sighed.
This must be the grief talking.

"Anakin..... she's dead. She's not coming back."

"No she's not! The clones saved her and instead of killing her they just took her away!" Anakin insisted.

"Let's get you guys to the mind healers." Obi wan said calmly. Anakin must be going insane.

"He's telling the truth!" Fives called out as the group of clones came out to back up Anakin.

"It can't be I saw them with the corpse." Obi wan said sadly.

"It was a dummy! We shot ahsoka but with vital suppressors so that she would seem dead." Echo exclaimed.

"So where have you guys actually been then?" Obi wan said in a cold tone.

"Tatooine, Ahsoka was taken from there and we were told she was brought to Corusant." Rex said.

"Then we need to find her." Obi wan briskly said as he motioned for them to enter.

"There will be no need for that." A sickly voice called out.

"Who said that?" Anakin called out.

And there walking up the steps to the temple

Was a tear stained Ahsoka Tano.

—————

A few hours ago

Ahsoka slowly pulled herself out of the meditation with a smile on her face.

"Now you see." The hooded figure.

"I now see that if you do not tell me who you are at this moment I will have no other choice but to tear that hood off and find out for myself." Ahsoka hissed as she rose and placed her hands behind her back.

"I am Darth Sideous." He told her.

"And you are the one who is to prepare me for my new role." Ahsoka said with a smirk.

"I am. And we have much to do in preparation." He told her.

"This new empire, does it involve the Jedi?" Ahsoka asked.

"It involves the end of the Jedi." He said with a smile.

"And for Dooku and Ventress?" Ahsoka questioned.

"They are merely pawns that are used for greater purposes. But their time will come to an end, and your time will rise."

"And there will finally be peace?" Ahsoka asked.