Chapter 14

•Niall's POV•

   Savannah ran out of the room, tears in her eyes. In my first instinct, I decided to run after her. She was fast though. I ended up running around almost all of the building before hearing a familiar cry. I ran to the sound that broke my heart, begging to help my princess. There in the corner was my girlfriend all curled up, knees to her chest, pouring her heart out. I immediately sat next to her.
   "Savannah. What's wrong beautiful?" I asked brushing the tears off her face.
   "Ni-Niall..what's gonna happen? Are they going to make us bre.." She couldn't finish her sentence. I pulled her into a protective hug.
   "Not on my watch. Not ever. Ya hear me?" I assured. She nodded into my shoulder.
   "Niall, you shouldn't see me like this." She said trying to stay strong. But this is hard.
   "Savvi, look at me. I love you. Just the way  you are. And nothing is going to happen to us." I confidently stated. I could see in her eyes, that people didn't reaffirm their love for her. Once again I hugged her tight until she has ready to back into the room.
"I love you too, Nialler."

*     *     *     *

   We came back in ready to listen to managements plans, tightly holding hands.
"Well while you were gone...I called management and we worked out something. Now you need to listen careful, okay?" Jamie said. We nodded intrigued by this proposal. "We aren't going to have you guys breakup that wouldn't be fair to you or Niall. But the fans know Niall as the single one (what? Idk 😂 just go along with it). Now we would have kept it that way, except the fans caught these photos. So you can date in private, but strictly friends in public. Savannah, it's a big deal to be known in this fandom. I want to let you know before hand that you will get caught up in drama, hate but also the love of the fans. You also need to tell your friends about this because they are apart of this as well." I looked over at my shocked girlfriend. But a caught a hint of excitement since we could be seen together.
But she had more to say, "Here's the bad news. Since you've been spotted with Savannah..you need to have a girlfriend-"
"Wait so what's the purpose of just being friends?" I chuckled in confusion.
"As I said before, you have an image to the fans. And you don't really seem like the type to date a fan." (If anything I think he would be the one to date a fan 🤣 but whatever..it's for plot)
"Who said that?!?!" I stood up out of my chair. I love Savannah. How could someone say that.
"Niall just sit down. Let me explain." Still infuriated I sat down and Savvi took my hand in hers. She was giving me the let's-just-hear-her-out-but-I'm-also-concerned look. I sighed, informing Jamie to continue. "I'm so sorry that you and Savannah can't go public, but that's just how it has to be for now. So we've arranged for you to have a fake girlfriend until this whole thing clears up." Savannah's hand dropped this time.
"Jamie, are you serious? I can't do that. I only love my princess. And that's objectifying women. I'm not okay with this." I argued.
"Don't worry. All you have to do is hold her hand and look all googley-eyed around her in public. We've already talked to her and she's okay with it." She said nonchalantly. But it felt like I would be cheating.
"I-I.."
"Niall. You have to. Or else the whole band might suffer. I don't want to hold you back from your job. This is your dream. And it's all fake..I'll be okay." I just couldn't say it. With my head held low, I nodded my head agreeing. But very typical of management, they made me sign a contract that would end sometime this fall.
"So who is she?" Savannah asked, her voice shaking a little.
Jamie sighed, "Miranda Cosgrove."