Chapter 15

After our "meeting" with Jamie, Niall dropped me off at the apartment.
"Hey Savannah! How wa-what's wrong?" Maddie greeted.
I took a deep shaky breath, "Um I just need some time. I'll tell you later." I kept my head low, trying to hide the tears in my eyes, while I walked to the room I was staying in.

* * * *

I didn't even realize it, but I had cried my sleep last night. When I woke up it was almost 10am. I got up and changed into white jeans and a bright blue top, before heading to the kitchen. I was able to grab a cup of coffee before the questions came pouring in.
"Okay okay. I'll tell y'all. Niall & I were caught kissing in a picture taking by a fan. However, management doesn't see Niall as the type to date a fan. So....he has to have a fake girlfriend. Miranda Cosgrove."
The Nicole started, "Oh girl-"
"It's okay. Or....I will be. There's more and this involves you guys." They looked at me with crazy eyes. "There was also I picture taken with us all with boys. So we're going to be involved in the fandom as soon as the announcement is made." Smiles spread across our faces.
"Wait! So you can still be seen in public with Niall?" Callie asked. I excitedly nodded at the thought.

* * * *

I walked back into the bedroom to hear the ring of a text message. I'll take what I can get even if I don't 100% agree.

Nialler🥰:
Tomorrow at 2!!

Me:
What?😂

Nialler🥰:
You and the girls be ready at 9 tonight. We're going on an interview tomorrow with James Cordon in LA. Which means catching a late flight tonight. Don't worry management paid for the flight there and back. Anyways going to bring y'all out and make our friendships public.

Nialler🥰:
I know I know. I hate it too. I love you Princess😘

Me:
I love you too babe. No matter the circumstance❤️

I walked back out into the kitchen. "Well girls. Looks like we're going to be on TV!" They went wide-eyed and we started jumping around with excitement.

* * * *
•Day of Interview•

Who knew picking an outfit for an interview was so hard? I was about to put on my plain white summer dress, when Lou (the boys stylist) came in. Turns out she was in charge of picking the wardrobe for us girls on our little day trip. I came out in a cute black and white polka dotted romper with some white flats. Nicole had a white no-shoulder crop top (I don't know what they're called) and black ripped skinny jeans on along with her white wedge heels. Madilyn was wearing a black top along with a white skirt and some black heels.
"Check 1, 2..1, 2, 3" The stage manager shouted, checking the mics for the boys before we came back on the air. The boys quickly pinned on the mics then shuffled onto stage to the longest couch I've ever seen. "And we're back in 5.." Can I hear my heartbeat? "4..." I can't believe I'm about to be on TV!! "3.." Oh my gosh I feel like I'm about to pass out! "2.."
"Welcome back to the Late Late Show with our guests One Direction!" James said as a cheer arose in the audience. "Now boys as I recall you just finished your Where We Are Tour?" They all nodded. "So did you meet anyone special, lads? I mean the pictures don't lie." He said pointing the screen with the 2 pictures. At that moment, we were handed the same mics that we also pinned to our outfits.
Harry started, "Well actually. We've made some friends down at our last tour stop. We've actually brought them here for you to meet."
"Ladies and gentlemen give a hand for Madilyn, Savannah, and Nicole!" James cheered. As the claps started, the stage manger cued us. We walked out smiling, waving at the crowd and cameras. We all sat down in the large couch (I was next to Niall and behind his back we held hands).
"Hi girls, would you mind introducing yourselves?"
And of course I was closest so I started. "Okay. Well I'm Savannah Archer."
"And I'm Nicole Richards."
"And lastly, I'm Madilyn Edwards."
After a couple questions and laughs something unexpected happened.
   James began to speak, "So Niall...I think it's time we address this picture here." The crowd "ooh"ed at the picture of us kissing. I looked over at my smiling boyfriend. Dang he's really good at acting. Unless...no he wouldn't. He couldn't. My hand dropped from his. He gave me a quick glance before starting.

Flashback to Day Before

"He has to have a fake girlfriend. Miranda Cosgrove."
"Woah. Didn't he use to have a thing for her?" Maddie panicked.
I nervously shrugged, "Ye-yeah, but that was like two years ago. He's changed. I love him and he loves me." I put up a fake smile to hide how worried I was.
Then Nicole joined in, "Just know that we love you no matter what girly. We're always here for you, but if he hurts you-"
"He won't. I know that for sure." This time I was really sure. I was confident in our relationship.
"Okay, but just keep an eye on him." Nicole said. "We will too." I rolled my eyes.
"Guys I'm serious. Niall would never hurt me. He loves me." The more and more I said it I became more confident.

End of Flashback

   Yeah! He loves me. I trust him.
   "Yes. Um that is me and my girlfriend. We weren't planning on going public so soon, but now that the pictures are released...what a better time." He said uncomfortably. He squeezed my hand winking at me, then let it go.
   "We are meeting so many people. Ladies and gentlemen the one an only, Niall's new girlfriend, Miranda Cosgrove!" James exclaimed. At that moment my heart dropped. Miranda and I ended up switching seats so she could be by her "man". I felt like I was going to throw up. Or pass out. Or just burst out crying. Maybe all three. I sat on the opposite side of Niall.

* * * *

   I was relieved to hear the last question asked. "So as we know Niall, Louis, And Zayn all have a special Someone so......Harry? Liam?"
   "Actually...yes." Liam started. Wait! What? "When I got to know Nicole I realized that I liked her more than friends. And we recently made it official!" The crowd cheered and 'aww'ed. Okay NOW I think I'm going to throw up. Niall's face looked enraged. He quickly gained composure. James said good night then I rushed out of there feeling sick. Nikki came rushing in behind me. I turned around to her.
   "How could you?!" I shouted through anger and tears.
   "I wanted to tell you" She protested.
"Then why didn't you?!"
   "Because you had just told me about Miranda. I don't know."
"I'm not even mad about you two dating. I'm happy for you too. I'm mad at management for that. But you just...I-I can't. I'm mad at you because you thought it would be easier for me to hear that one of my best friend is dating someone on live TV. Nikki c'mon! Yeah it would have hurt at first, because of my situation, but didn't you think I would be happy for you and Liam?!" I croaked. All she could do was stutter on her words. "I just need some space." And with that I wiped away my tears and left her to find Niall.