Chapter 23

•Savannah's POV•

   2 days. Today is going to be fun though!....I hope. The boys invited us to go to a private beach. So we're having a beach day!!! Yay (she said unenthusiastically). Don't get me wrong I love the beach with my whole heart, but.....ya know. Insecurities. I know it seems cliché but it's real. I haven't gone to the beach in years. Part of that is because beaches aren't really near my house. Still though, I'm insecure.
That's the side that I don't like talking to Niall about. I didn't tell anyone about it my 8th and 9th grade year. But my mom told me that I needed to focus on my grades and have a better attitude. She also said that Christian looked up to me. I'm so glad I listened to her and I'm glad Maddie and Nikki were there for me no matter what. At 1pm, I grabbed the keys to the Jeep and we left to meet the boys.

* * * *

When we got there the boys had just pulled up. I got out and grabbed Niall's hand dragging him towards the water to dip our feet in. That was a big mistake though it was really cold then Harry came up behind me and picked me up. I started to fall backwards only to be caught by Niall. Now Harry was holding onto my legs and Niall, my arms. I started to swing. I screamed and laughed hoping they would stop.
"Okay!" They said together before launching me into the ocean's salt water. But I still had clothes on top and it felt really cold.
"Oh I'm coming for both of you. You hear me?" They both nodded, not taking my comment seriously. I set out my towel and laid down, hoping to dry. Soon someone walked over,
"Hey are you coming?" Liam asked.
"Yeah we're about to play football (soccer)." Louis said as he and Zayn walked up to me. I sat up and replied,
"I would, but I'm not up to it right now. I think I'm just going to sit here a while and I'm....going to uhh...tan! Yeah that's right...tan." I said to them.

Tan? Seriously? That's the best you could come up with? You could never tan you always get burnt
Shut up.

"Okay sorry." Zayn said.
"No no no. Sorry you're fine. But you guys go ahead." A few minutes later a I heard footsteps followed by a dripping wet body blocking my view of the sun. "Liam I already said no."
"It's not Liam." A familiar voice said. I could hear the smile in his voice. I sat up to see my handsome boyfriend. "I know what's really going on. Plus I know you can't tan."

He's a keeper

"You don't have to hide anything from me. Nothing could change the way I feel about you. If you want, you can join us, but don't feel pressured. I love you silly." He said before kissing my forehead and going back down to the water with our friends.

* * * *

"Perfect!" I said to myself. I signaled Madilyn and before they knew it, Niall and Harry had been dumped with cold ice water from our cooler. They had been laying down in the warm sand for like 15 minutes and we just couldn't help it. So it was a pretty fun day.