Chapter 5

"Were you preparing lunch for two people?" Dazai asked.

"Yeah. I sent Chuuya a message earlier, but he's not responding." Last Name finished her cooking and now just preparing the table for later.

The brunette helped out, gathering the silverware. Placing them accordingly on the dining table.

"That brat must be busy with work since he is out on Nagoya. He didn't informed you?"

"He didn't. And he probably left his phone in his office. That seems like him." Despite of her frowning face, Last Name chuckled at the thought of her husband bad habit of forgetting important things behind.

After checking her phone and still didn't got a reply from the ginger head, Last Name decided to eat lunch together with Dazai. Certainly, the brunette was delighted upon her offer to dine in.

"Ah. This has been my first time eating your food in a while." He chimed, going in for another bite on his food.

"And probably will be the last." He mumbled the last part. With a pensive smile to himself. Fortunately, Last Name didn't heard any of it.

"Is it good?" She asked, smiling to how Dazai was enjoying the meal.

"Very delicious, First Name-chan." He grinned, similar to that of a kid who received his daily sweets from being a good boy.

"Now off to the main reason I had come over." The mafia boss started. Shifting to a serious tone that piqued Last Name's attention.

"Hmmm?"

"Will you go to China?"

"China? That far?" Last Name tilted her head in question. That question from the man came out of nowhere that caused her bewilderment.

"We had been informed of a traitor from your subordinates not too long ago. Gin-chan after gathering intellect, had known that subordinate already flew to China, specifically in Shanghai and was originally under a drug dealing organization."

"My subordinate? What do you mean---ah! I do remember I had one who just joined a week ago. Though I don't remember his name but it wasn't a chinese name."

"Takano Rui. However he was born in China and only been transfered here in Yokohama a month before he entered your group of underlings. It seems like his father is working under that drug dealing organization. So, First Name-chan, will you take it? He is under your supervision, probably go take responsibility in allowing a pest lingering around the mafia." An amused grin made its way on his lips however his eyes glistening in menace.

Last Name swallowed an invisible lump seeing how Dazai looked menacing just now. His eyes spoke to her that she doesn't have any choice but to follow. As his executive, she can only do so as follow her boss' orders.

"For how many days?"

"Can you finish it within five days? You will leave later this evening. I want that traitor eliminated soon, and if possible the whole organization he is in. Their purpose for having someone from their kin invade inside the Port Mafia is still unknown."

"Alright. I'll take it. Will I be going alone?" Last Name sighed. Agreeing to Dazai's assignment, it's not like she even have any choice to refuse.

It's five days, if she'll be efficient and finish her business within the designated time she will be able to come back quickly. However, there's something bothering her, thinking forward to the day after tomorrow. She can't afford to be absent on that day.

"Do you want to go alone?" He looked at her in the eyes, placing both his utensils next to the plate. Attention on her actions and response.