Chapter 13

It has been a whole year since Last Name fell into a coma. Yet her ginger head lover was not around, not that she was even aware of it. After being set by the genius detective of the Armed Detective Agency, Edogawa Ranpo, Chuuya was stuck with him inside a novel with a thousands of characters and half of them being murderers.

Months had passed after that incident. And for that time being that there's no one to watch out for Last Name in the hospital, Kouyou volunteered to check on the younger lady from time to time while her boyfriend hasn't come back yet.

NAKAHARA CHUUYA

Going for her two years in the hospital, Chuuya finally made his appearance. He was stuck for more than 400 days inside the book.

"First Name, I'm back." The beeping sound of the physiological monitor beside her was the response he received. Her vitals were stable and there weren't any problems while she was in deep slumber for two years already.

Again Chuuya bought a bouquet for her together with a box of cake that he willl most likely eat alone. Settling the box to the table, he took the seat next to her bed.

"Happy anniversary, love. It has been two years yet this is the first time we'll be celebrating seeing I was stuck in the book back on our first anniversary." He then chuckled to what he said. Grabbing her hand then kissed the back of it.

"I miss you. So much." He then stood up to kiss her forehead, caressing her hair in the process. Sitting back down, he opened the box of cake and took a slice for himself.

"I am not fond of sweets but I'll eat this in your behalf. It'll be a waste not to seeing I solely purchased it for this celebration." He took a bite on the slice. His expression spoke blues with a mild contentment after seeing his girlfriend after a long time of not being around.

He finished the cake in silence. Looking around the room from time to time to see a few changes from the last time he has been here. The window curtains where changed from crimson to a calming color of mint. The table that was originally next to the door was replaced by a small couch for her visitors usually from the mafia. Finishing the plate, he walked to the sink to wash it and was quick to return next to Last Name.

"Please come back already. Come back to me, first name." 

NAKAHARA CHUUYA

Another two years passed by so fast. Amidst of her unconsciousness, it seemed like time flashed by in a short while for the ginger head. He went on with his days in the Port Mafia after visiting Last Name every morning.

His usual course of life for everyday was interrupted when he was informed that Last Name fingers moved. That was the first movement they had received from the lady after four years. It was already midnight when he received that call and he wasn't reluctant to leave his home to head to the hospital.

"Is it true?" He asked. Heart beating in a rapid motion, obviously getting nervous of the further announcement of the doctor.

"Yes. Her nurse in stand by during midnight duty was the one who saw her fingers moved. But that was it. Nothing changed in her vitals. We will be increasing the monitoring for her in case there will be more movement that'll be observed." The doctor stated holding on to a metal clipboard while he scanned the files regarding with Last Name's health stability.

That wasn't huge of an announcement but Chuuya was delighted more than anyone else by that simple news. That simple movement brought a whole new level of hope for the ginger head. It was hope that flashed through his eyes and he swore to hold on to that.