Chapter 11

"What?!" Last Name replied back on her phone with an unintentional force on her tone.

"It was Akutagawa Gin-san." Was the short response from the other end of the call.

She was having half of her attention to hearing what her subordinate was saying and the other half would be her mind drifting to something else. Another few words were heard from the person she was talking then she ended the call.

"I see. So it was planned huh." The female executive was standing by the window in Dazai's office. It was already almost midnight and she refused to go home.

After knowing everything that happened when she was away. Dazai's death was uncalled for, well for her that is. His intention for killing himself, none had fully grasped it. His reason was unknown to Last Name and it's driving her crazy seriously.

She knew Dazai was not fine at all and she felt it herself that death was coming yet she ignored all of it. At some point, she was blaming herself for choosing to be indifferent despite of what she had felt.

Chuuya wasn't present at the room. His wife asked him if she can have her time alone in Dazai's office. He didn't want to leave her for he's not certain of what she will do if agony will get ahead of her. He just can't leave her to suffer alone however Last Name insisted that she'll be alright. And so he didn't have any choice but to leave her to it.

"Death is beauty for those who wanted it, but a tragedy for those who were left behind." Words from the brunette came rushing into Last Name's mind in a flashback.

Her heart clenched in pain. For some reasons, she was trembling and soon she was catching her breath so hard. She felt suffocated as another bucket of tears came cascading down her cheeks.

"Is this what you meant back then, Dazai?" She slumped herself into a kneeling position hugging her body in the process.

"All along you are prepared to kill yourself. And here I am, hoping amidst of everything that you will be fine yet I came home to you dead. Bastard I bought you souvenirs just like you told me to. 'See ya' my face, don't be ridiculous."

"Was it fulfilling? Killing yourself. D-Dazai, it still breaks me...'a tragedy for those who were left behind' you said..."Last Name was weeping and mixing in with those cries were her words of despair that was barely coming out from her throat.

"True...how tragic." Then she screamed. Echoes of her cries filled the whole room. Soon thunders roared and the sky came crying as though it was sympathizing with her dolor.

NAKAHARA CHUUYA

The doors to the office opened, walked in was her ginger head husband after an hour or so leaving her to have her time alone.

"First Name, Gin finished arranging everything. Dazai will have his burial tomo---" Chuuya marched his way through the entrance but immediately rushed onto his feet going to Last Name upon seeing her on the floor. Hands over her face as he heard her cries when approaching her.

"..." Chuuya kneeled beside her frame. Arms automatically hugging her close to his body to share his warmth with her.

Last Name wasn't talking but she wasn't silent either as her sobs filling her lack of words. He was just there, soothing her back with his gentle hand caressing her and the other would brush over her hair. Somehow that caring gesture helped her calm down a little, much to the ginger head's pleasure. He soon assisted her to stand up after she had calm her tears and cries.

"Thank you, Chuuya." Last Name said as she hitched a breath.

"No worries, love. Why don't we get you home so you can rest? Gin is done with the arrangements and we'll be having the burial tomorrow." He replied, still his arms around her as she was resting her head over his chest. The calm beating of his heart calming her.