Chapter 20

We have been in this same position for a few minutes, just enjoying each other's presence

We have been in this same position for a few minutes, just enjoying each other's presence. As much I didn't want to admit it, I was really enjoying this. Being this close to him, in his arms made me feel safe and wanted.

This also left me really confused, because if I remembered clearly I was still a prisoner here. I shouldn't be feeling this type of way towards someone like him. But here I was, wrapped up in his arms with his hands rubbing soothing circles on my back, those same hands that once wrapped around my neck to kill me, those very same hands that were tangled in blondie's hair as she sucked him off, those same hands that no doubt have killed many people.

Speaking of blondie, I haven't seen her around here since the last time I ran into her.

Were they dating?

And if so, why was I here right now?

Somehow he had managed to make me feel safe, when I should really be afraid of him. I wasn't going to complain, I was going to enjoy this moment for as long as it lasted. I knew that as soon as we left his office he would go back to being that cold, uncaring asshole.

His moods gave me serious whiplash. One minute he can't keep his hands off me and then the next minute he is holding a fucking gun to my head.

I needed to talk to him. I wanted to understand what was happening between us.

Us?

Was there even an 'us' or was that just in my head? He didn't seem like the type to settle down.

Wait a minute.

Why am I thinking about a future with him, when all I should be thinking of is a way to escape here, escape him?

I was beyond confused. Being this close to him always confused me. Like, did he like me or not? Was I just a warm body that he could use whenever he wanted or was there something more?

Just thinking of all the 'what ifs' was sure to drive me crazy, so I decided to just ask him instead.

Leaning back away from him to create some very much needed distance, I was about to open my mouth to ask him when the door burst open.

Turning my attention to the doorway I saw his sister standing there with a knowing smirk. I tried to get off his lap not wanting his sister to get the wrong idea, but he held me in place.

"So I see you guys already made up" she said wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"It's not what it looks like" I blurted out immediately.

This resulted with Emilio chuckling. I was still on his lap and god did I want the ground to open up and swallow me so that I could escape this awkward situation.

It's like we always get caught in the most awkward situations ever. I'm starting to wonder if this was a sign. Maybe the universe was trying to show me that I shouldn't get involved with a mafia leader.