Chapter 31

"So you're gonna be a dad huh?" I heard a voice say

I wanted so badly to open my eyes, but every time I tried to open them they just wouldn't budge. They felt like they weighed a ton and was too heavy to move.

"Yeah" another voice says.

I recognized both of those voices. I wanted to tell them I was awake, but every time I tried to open my mouth it wouldn't move. I was now forced to lay here and listen to their conversation.

"You really like her, don't you?" Enzo asked.

"I guess" Emilio answered.

"You guess. Bro you just put your whole organization on hold for her. There is no way that you don't like her. No, scratch that, you love her" Enzo said.

I could imagine that playful grin on his face as he mocked him. I bet it was priceless.

"I guess I do" Emilio responded.

"Called it! Luca you own me a thousand dollars" Enzo cheered.

"You guys bet on this?" Emilio asked in what I assumed was disbelief.

"Of course. And Luca, you owe me another thousand dollars. I told you he'd get her pregnant in a month with them constantly fucking like horny teens" Enzo said.

"You guys are unbelievable" Emilio said.

"What's unbelievable is the fact that I just lost two thousand dollars to this idiot" Luca grumbled.

I opened my eyes slowly, but immediately closed them. It was way too bright and the lights hurt my eyes.

"She's waking up!" Enzo exclaimed like an excited teenage girl.

His high pitched voice was causing an oncoming headache and if he didn't shut up, I would be forced to shut him up myself.

I tried to open my eyes again and was met with a white ceiling. I blinked a few times to adjust my vision before looking around. The room was completely white and the nagging sound of the machine that I was attached to give me the indication that I was in a hospital.

"Wa-water" I croaked.

"Oh right" Enzo said bringing a glass of water to my lips.

I gulped down the water like my life depended on it, and it probably did. I looked around and was met with familiar faces.

"Oh my goodness. You scared the living crap out me" I was engulfed in a bone crushing hug by Emma.

"I can't breathe" I wheezed, as she squeezed the life out of me.

"Oh right" she said taking a step back with a sheepish smile on her face.

"How long was I out?" I asked with curiosity.