l i m a

At Eddie's house the two boys sat at the dining table. Eddie was racking his brain for ways to bring up the colors he saw without it sounding awkward. After trying to think of intricate ways to talk about it, he decided to just say it.

"Can I ask you something?" Eddie played with the pen that was in his hands.

Richie nodded, turning away from the paper in front of him to face Eddie.

"It's not about the project." Eddie clarified.

"Okay." Richie thought it was a bit weird that Eddie wanted to talk to him about something other than the project since it was the only thing he talked about since they met.

"Wh-When I first walked into class," Eddie looked up at Richie. "Did you see colors?"

Richie sat there, thinking about what he wanted to say. Deny it or admit that he did see colors.

"Because I did." Eddie continued. "When you came up to me I saw them again too."

Richie wanted to deny it and say that he didn't see anything but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He knew Eddie was his soulmate and he already cared for him so much, he knew it'd break him if he said that. He also knew there was no hiding that this was his soulmate. Eddie was probably going to be the first person to know something no one else in Richie's life knew about him and love him for it.

"I didn't see anything." Richie looked back at his paper.

Eddie looked at the curly haired boy, his feelings hurt. He knew Richie felt the same thing he felt, he couldn't understand why he was denying it.

"But you got the same headache I got, I saw you-"

"I told you I didn't see anything," Richie raised his voice slightly. "Can we just get back to our project?"

Richie started turning back to his paper, Eddie grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him in, pressing his lips against Richie's.

Richie's eyes widened in shock. Eddie caught him completely off guard, but he also gave him his first kiss. Richie had never kissed anyone else in his life but this moment felt right, he didn't need to kiss anyone else to know that this was right.

Despite the butterflies Richie felt in his stomach when they kissed, he pulled away.

Eddie looked at Richie waiting for a response, a reaction.

That was when it both hit them.

The second they opened their eyes, they saw colors.

Not just the blurs they saw before, but actual colors.

Eddie smiled at the bright yellow Hawaiian shirt Richie was wearing.

Richie looked down at the shorts Eddie changed into when they first got to his house.

They were red. This was the first color he'd ever really seen.

And he loved it.