k i n s e

The next day Richie caught Eddie just before he entered school.

"Come on," Richie gently pulled Eddie away from school.

"What?" Eddie chuckled, completely confused.

"Let's go," Richie smiled.

"We have school." Eddie turned back to keep walking towards the building.

"I want to take you somewhere, come on." Richie grabbed Eddie's arm. Eddie looked up at Richie and blushed. He'd never had anyone say they wanted to do something for him. For the first time in a relationship, he felt special, like it wasn't completely one sided.

"I have to turn in-"

"Please." Richie begged, tugging at Eddie's arm like an impatient child.

"Richie." Eddie chuckled.

"Eddie." Richie grabbed Eddies hand, playing with his fingers.  "Let me do something nice for you. I know you've been stressed lately, I want you to forget about everything for a little bit."

Eddie bit the inside of his cheek.

"How are we even going to get anywhere?"

"My parents are out for a few days, we'll take my dads car." Richie shrugged. Eddie thought about it. He looked back at the school building and then at Richie.

He just couldn't say no.

Eddie sighed. "You owe me."

Richie smiled, him and Eddie walking away from school.

"How do you want me to pay you." Richie asked flirtatiously, making Eddie blush.

"Richie!" Eddie laughed awkwardly. They never talked to each other like that or talked about doing anything intimate. The thought of them being that close made Eddie blush like crazy.

"Relax, Eddie Spaghetti." Richie chuckled.

They both started walking away from school and back to Richie's house.

Richie grabbed the keys to his dads car, they both climbed in and headed off.

"Where are we going?" Eddie asked, grabbing Richie's free hand.

"Guess." Richie smiled.

"Is it in Derry?" Eddie picked at Richie's nails.

"No, farther."

"How far?"

Richie shrugged.

Eddie gave him an annoyed look.

"You'll see." Richie pulled Eddie's hands to his lips and kissed it.

No matter how many times Richie kissed his hand, hugged him and kissed his forehead, Eddie always turned bright pink.

Richie always did those things for that exact reason. He loved seeing blush spread across Eddies face.

Richie had been driving straight for a while, when Eddie noticed a 'You are now leaving Derry' sign.

"Richie," Eddie followed the sign with his head, watching it stray behind them.

"Yeah."

"We just left Derry." Eddie turned to him.

Richie hummed.

"Do you know that we just left Derry." Eddie asked, starting to panic. He'd never skipped school and left a city in the same day before.

"I'm aware, Eds." Richie chuckled.

"Where are we going?" Eddie asked for the fifth time.

"You'll see, love." Richie said.