d a l a w a m p u ' t a p a t

Richie decided to go to school the following Monday. He decided it was what he needed. A distraction, something else to focus on instead of where he thought he had gone wrong.

He'd spent too much time crying and overthinking, and figured it wasn't healthy for him to be focusing so hard on something that only seemed to be going downhill.

Eddie also returned to school that same Monday but not on his own terms. Sonia had made him get up that morning because she was tired of having him home all day doing nothing. She said he needed a distraction.

Eddie didn't want one. He just wanted to stay home and sleep. He also knew that if he went to school he was going to see Richie and he didn't know if he could handle that. As much as Eddie loved him, the mere thought of him made him angry and want to cry. He was having a hard time separating Richie's words from him, seeing him would only feel like a reminder that maybe he really was annoying and overbearing in their relationship.

"Have you tried talking to him?" Beverly asked. Richie nodded. He had only tried calling twice. He didn't want to push too much, Eddie had the right to be upset over what he heard and Richie knew that he needed his space right now. The only thing that killed him was that he wouldn't talk. The one thing Eddie had stressed through their entire relationship, he was refusing to do.

"Maybe he just needs time." Stan suggested.

"Time for what?" Richie kicked a rock.

"To think, process everything he heard." Stan shrugged.

"He fucking hates me." Richie kicked the same rock again, this time a little harder.

"No he doesn't," Beverly lightly hit him on the arm with the back of her hand. "Hurt, maybe, but I don't think he hates you. He's your soulmate, duh."

Richie shrugged. "I don't know if I'd be too fond of myself if I heard all that. God, I'm such an ass."

"Can't disagree with you there." Stan chuckled. Beverly glared at him.

"Kidding." He lilted.

"D-Do you know if h-h-he came to s-school today?" Bill asked. Richie shook his head.

"Try t-talking to h-him if you s-s-see him." He suggested.

Richie didn't feel like that was even an option, he knew that if Eddie even saw him he would turn him away. Again, he couldn't be mad at Eddie for how he felt, he completely understood if he didn't want to talk to him.

Eddie sat at one of the tables to do some last minute homework for his math class. He had tried blinking away the random blurs of color and how some were fading back to grey right in front of him. He was already having a hard time focusing with everything that had happened between him and Richie. Him losing his ability to see color was no help either and only added to the stress.

"Isn't that him over there?" Stan asked. Richie turned to Stan's gaze.

"Yeah."

"Go talk to him." Beverly nudged.

"He's not going to want to listen. I told you guys, he's mad at me." Richie wanted nothing more than to talk to him and apologize. He wanted to explain himself and hope Eddie would believe and forgive him. He just wanted everything to go back the way it used to be.

"I thought your balls dropped already." Stan pushed. Richie turned and flipped him off.

"Fine." Richie had started walking over to the table Eddie was sitting at.

Eddie watched out of the corner of his eye as Richie approached him. He started putting his things away, trying not to make it obvious that he had noticed him.

"Hey."

Eddie turned to look at a nervous Richie.

Something about him looked different.

He was wearing the new frames he got him. They suited his face better, mainly because they weren't crooked anymore.

"Hi." Eddie said flatly, sloppily shoving books back into his backpack as quickly as possible.

"Can we talk? Please?" Richie asked.

Eddie licked his lips, looked at Richie and back down at his backpack.

He suddenly felt a sharp pain in his temples, the same pain as the day he first met Richie.

Oddly enough, Richie felt it too.

"I don't like the way we left things off the last time we saw each other." He continued.

"I don't want to talk about this right now." Eddie shook his head.

"You said it yourself, we need to talk things out." Richie pleaded.  "I don't like that you think I'm embarrassed of you-"

"I told you, I don't want to talk about it." Eddie was still hurt over what had happened. He really did want to talk to Richie but he was worried that he'd say something he didn't mean out of anger or embarrassment.

"Then when?" Richie desperately wanted "Eddie, I miss you."

"I miss you too." Eddie admitted. "But I just-I can't."

"Cant what?" Even though Richie completely understood Eddie's need for space, he was growing impatient. He truly missed spending time with him and wanted to tell him just how sorry he was and how he regret not being honest with him. He wanted to introduce Eddie to his friends so they could just see how lucky Richie was to have him.

"Do this. I'm not ready to talk to you yet, I just need time. " Eddie vision blurred with tears.

Richie nodded understandingly. "Okay."

Eddie grabbed his backpack and walked away.

Fuck.

hi sexies