Miss model stature.

Nene's POV
Ozoza aren't you done yet, let's get going, I said feeling tired.
It's been a long day just sorting out admission papers.

I'm done but am definitely not going home till I've got something in my extremely flat stomach, Zozy said tucking the files in her bag and heading towards the closest restaurant .

Can you not wait till we get home and cook. Home made food is the best, i said persuadingly.

Talk for yourself Nene, so when we get home you'll just sprawl yourself on the bed while I go about cooking ehn.....smart girl. Zozy said eyeing me.

Not my fault, it's your turn to cook. I said laughing because I had all intentions of doing just that.

I can't believe I'm now a university student,Zozy said taking her seat.

Why not, I replied taking the seat opposite her.

It seems just like yesterday when we graduated from secondary school, Zozy said dreamily.

Think again, it's been two stressful years I said to her like she just lost her memory.

Arggh........,can't you be a little bit 'dreamy ',you could be so boring sometimes, i can't believe you are my best friend.

You could have just said 'indeed how time flies', Zozy said giving me a look.

I'm not an art student like you, you can't blame me, I replied smiling.

Jollof rice,We both said to the waitress who attended to us.

I couldn't help but stare at students who dominated the restaurant, spotting some freshers like me, some were wearing long skirts and long tops that got me wondering how they coped with admission stress wearing such burdensome clothes.

One could easily notice the senior students, most of them were dressed to kill.

I only managed four spoons before I pushed my plates aside not minding Zozy's 'don't you dare waste that food' look.

The food was too spicy due too excess curry and tyme,the aroma that was once enticing only made me feel like throwing up now.

I didn't bother voicing my opinion knowing zozy would just tell me'nobody's food ever tastes well in my mouth'

Watching zozy eat only got me wondering if my tongue has a problem or zozy's tongue has lost its sense of taste with the way she savoured the meal.

I turned my attention to a lady who had just walked in, she wore a blue figure hugging short gown exposing her long legs. She had on her hair twisting braids that reached the length of her gown.

I was going to compliment on her nice stature when i heard the toxic words that dropped from her mouth.

Who the hell invited this fat girl over here! She said asking the girl who had come in with her who looked more like her minion than her friend.

I......i....i taught there was an enlistment for dancers, i saw it in the group chat that...,the fat girl was trying to say when she cut her short.

'Dearie if you had seen clearly you would have known we needed dancers not some fat burly lady looking for ways to shed weight, come on you look like a balloon, how could you have thought we could accept you', she said rather too loud making the fat girl embarrassed.

What the heck! I said shocked. Then i stood up.

Nene don't go, it's none of your business, Christians don't get into fights, Zozy said trying to stop.me.

Chill gal, I replied. I'm not about to get into a fight just going to put someone in her place. Those words hurt.

Hey there, I said as i approached their table.

They both turned to my direction. The fat girl was about going clearly ashamed when i stopped her.

Mary, sorry for the misunderstanding, you are supposed to seat over there, i said pointing to where zozy was, I was the one who invited you to my dancing group.

Her eyes widened in surprise but she nodded. Thank God she went with the tide.

I turned to the tall girl who was towering over me trying to intimidate me. I was going to talk when she beat me to it.

Miss short and miss fat can you guys get your sorry ass out of here, she said rudely.

That only got me saying what I didn't plan on saying.

'Miss perfect stature, it's obvious that everything you lacked in your brain you made up for with your height but that doesn't give you the right to body shame anybody' ,I said glaring at her.

'I wonder how mary even thought you could dance,you look like dry fish and I bet you'll break if you mistakenly bend'.

Let's go mary, I said dragging her like we were best of friends leaving miss perfect stature open-mouthed looking shocked.

Obviously, she never got a good brushing down, serves her right now she knows 'words hurt'.

I could feel eyes on my back. Only few people close to miss perfect stature seat, heard what i said because I made sure i wasn't loud but they had laughed out loud attracting unwanted attention.

They had heard when Mary was insulted and nobody did anything. Which is why they stared at me like the girl who spoiled their fun. I bet most of them wanted a fight to ensue to entertain themselves.

And just when I wanted to seat down, an angry but controlled voice said "let's go" . I didn't need a fortune teller to tell me i was in trouble, whenever zozy is angry she acts like a lioness planing it's prey.

Sure, i said grabbing my back bag and passing mary a 'sorry' smile as we walked out of the restaurant.