You are beautiful

If he tells you he's managing
you, then he's not the right guy.'Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder' in the eyes of your mr right, you'll be perfect.

As I drove out of 'Nene's shopping mall', i hummed my favorite song, 'you are beautiful' by frank edward.

"Do you really know how beautiful you are,
Spirit of the lord lives and dwells in you,
All over the world, no one looks like you,
you can put a smile on your face"

My manager, Linda okorie had handled the shop well and there was much sales but I knew that wasn't what put a smile on my lips.

Shortly after i left Zozy's, I received a text message from Kelvin .

'Hello my love, how was your day, hope it wasn't half as stressful as mine . I can't believe we stay in the same state and we haven't seen for weeks now.
Fine, my fault and I know you're mad at me. Pls don't be, believe me I've missed you more than you've missed me, to the extent I even missed your 👊 punches.
Can we meet for dinner by God's grace  tomorrow by 6:pm?
I'll come pick you up. If you'll be chanced? Okay, I take that back,
You have to be chanced. Love you, sweet dreams."

Now that was Kelvin, those short and curt messages were just so unlike him.

Still, texting without calling is absurd.

Maybe he lost his voice, and the imagination of Kelvin with a cracked voice (it couldn't be that) got me laughing as i drove into gowon estate.

There was no need to visit Kelvin again since I'll be seeing him tomorrow and going to Zozy's place is definitely not an option.

'Home sweet home, here i come'
I wonder why i still haven't gotten used to staying home alone.

Then i sighted a lady who looked vaguely familiar. Finally it clicked, my new neighbor, she had moved in to the next flat after mine 2months ago but i haven't really had time to socialize. Now seems like the perfect opportunity. I slowed down and halted my car when I got to where she was.

Hi Blessing, I mouthed after rolling down the window .

Hey Nene, good evening, Blessing said with a smile.

Good evening to you too, I'm heading home, if you're going home, you could come in, I said with a friendly smile.

Okay thanks, Blessing replied, flashing me a big smile.

Since I was in a good mood, I started talking, even telling her about my pregnant friend,
she then told me about her sister who had terrible mood swings.

Here we are, I said as I parked the car in the large compound with four flats.

'See you around' I said getting down from the car before I noticed her hesitant expression.

What's wrong?, I asked curiously

Can i talk to you about something, Blessing asked.

Of course, I said ushering her into the house.

Your decor is cool, blessing complimented, admiring the cream colored walls and the antiques.

The pregnant friend I told you about did the decoration, I said as I pulled my shoes and wrist watch.
Let me go get us a drink, I said standing up.

Nevermind, Blessing said stopping me from going.

'I just want to talk', Blessing said sincerely.

Okay, I said sitting down and praying silently that God helps me say the right things to her.

" I have always felt bad for not having the perfect shape, it only just got worse. My boyfriend now teases me and acts like he's just managing me. My friends have been persuading me for a long time now to go to a plastic surgeon for enlargement of hips and butts.
And now i have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow but I'm scared, i really won't have wanted too."

'Blessing' I said holding her hands.

Do you know the most beautiful garden? It's a garden with different flowers. And that is what this earth is. God created us differently and yet he created us the same because we were all carved from God's image.

If God created you to be very busty and not with a big behind then it was because you didn't need it.

Probably, it would have attracted the wrong guy.

I'm not in the right position to judge who the right guy is but i know that the guy who does not love you for who you are isn't worth loving.

If you don't mind me asking, this boyfriend of yours, when he asked you out were you less busty or did you have a bigger behind.

No I wasn't, Blessing said, her attention on me.

You are beautiful, that's why he asked you out in the first place.

The day you came over to say hi and i just met you, I had to look twice and I'm a girl not a guy, I said and that got her laughing.

I'm serious, my point is your diastema, dimpled smile, teddy shaped long hair, naturally carved eyebrow, fair skin beauty suits you fine.

And if that boyfriend of yours is not content with that, tell him to go hug a transformer, I finished to find her beaming.

When something told me to talk to you, Ivdidn't want too, I was scared you'd just look down on me like most of my friends do and I only just conversed with you.

But on the ride home, you were so free i decided to talk to you and now you just made my day.

Thank you so much for those words, I'm so not doing any operation, Blessing said happily.

I'm glad you changed your mind and I think you should watch this movie, "size 12", it's really interesting.

Okay I will check it out on you tube, Blessing said standing up.
And then we hugged.

One more thing blessing, I said when she opened the door to go out.

Don't let your friends influence your decisions, whenever they try to body shame you, make them understand you love yourself the way you are, it always shuts them up, I said smiling.

Sure, thanks once again for those encouraging words, blessing said.

God only used me, I said as I bade her bye and went back in, a satisfied smile on my face.

Hello readers, how was your day, hope you are doing great.
One chapter to go and TM will be done and dusted.

Hope you liked this chapter.
Never forget to leave a comment.
Kelvin and Nene on another date, who is as excited as me😃

Look forward to the next chapter. Thanks for reading
Love you guys 😍😍-zavi