Called for my attention

Kelvin's POV
It's been three years since i became a student of this university and i haven't prepared one good meal on my own.

Delights cook's restaurant has become my second home, break fast and dinner always brought me here, I get to manage lunch on my own.

Every single worker is familiar with me, If they were to award the oldest and most persistent customer i bet no one will drag it with me.

And that's why I sat down comfortably on my favorite seat flashing a smile at Janet the waitress assigned to my sit asking her to get me my usual.

She winked at me and smiled back and i hoped she didn't think i was flirting with her.

Why is it, girls always seem to over think things. I remembered when i had been really desperate to learn how to cook and all efforts to learn was fruitless.

I pleaded with a close fellowship member to teach me how to cook.

She told me she'll think about it shyly and common sense didn't tell me this girl was thinking something else.

Three weeks later, she came to my house with a puffy hand bag around 6:pm and i foolishly told myself it was cooking ingredients in her bag.

Till it was 7pm, the food was ready, no sign of her wanting to leave and she was acting all 'touchy touchy', blushing at the slightest remark did i realise that she had no plans of going back home till the next day, she had interpreted

'can you come teach me to cook' to
'can you spend a night with me'.

I shunned her politely and left the house, to sleep at a friends place because it was already dark.

The next thing i heard in fellows
hip was 'the executive who broke the executives heart'.

That was the last straw that broke the camels back, i gave up on learning how to cook.

I dipped my hand in my trouser pocket to make sure the flyers were there. It was there.

The restaurant was full than usual because of the new intakes(100lvlstudents).

It has become an habit to wait at the entrance after my meal to invite students to fellowship especially the freshers.

Most of them were dressed modestly as usual because i knew that hardly lasts long.

The devil was out to lure them to sin just as he had lured danny, my once upon a time best friend.

Who would have believed that dan could change. I determined to share flyers immediately after my meal, matt 6;33 being my motivation.

I didn't bother smiling at Janet again when she dropped the food.

I didn't even say thank you before she thinks i said i love you.

As i ate my food, i noticed two girls walk in, one wearing a knee length purple gown, the other on a blue jean and a black shirt.

Something about the fair, short one got my eyes on her, was it the way she walked or her cute face or...

Oh boy wetin u neva see fine girl before(what is it haven't you seen a pretty girl before), oscar said taking the seat beside me.

Dude what's up, i greeted like i didn't hear what he said.

After what happened with dan, i had lived alone and didn't socialise except for fellowship.

Oscar had been persistent and is the only person that is close enough to being a best friend.

Guy,i haven't seen you stare at a girl like that before, if you like her, approach her with a Gucci bag or Versace shoe, believe me she's all yours, Oscar said, signalling for a waitress.

I couldn't help but chuckle at that,i wasn't a chauvinistic male like Oscar but i knew he was quite right.

If you don't have the looks just get the money and girls will troop for you.

Which made me wonder what happened to the 'virtuous women' in the bible.

I feasted on my remaining food when i heard an uproar from a seat not quite far from mine.

Nancy, Daniels girlfriend insulted a girl, she seemed like a new student.

Seeing the look of hurt that crossed her face,i bent my head to clean my hand with the sole intention of waiting outside for the girl so i could lift her spirit with a joke and invite her to fellowship.

I raised my head just in time to see the short girl i had seen earlier with the girl nancy had insulted walking past a shocked nancy.

What did she say, i asked Oscar who was laughing.

She said 'what nancy lacked in her brain she made up for with her height',oscar said enjoying the drama.

She couldn't have said that, i said disbelievingly.

What kind of question is that, Oscar said.

I stood up immediately after the girls who had just left realising how dumb my question really was.

Though, i had walked hastily I didn't see them, i didn't know what route they had taken.

Angry at myself for wasting too much time with Oscar, angry at oscar for laughing like it was funny but most of all angry at the parrot mouthed girl who didn't understand what it meant to 'mind your business'.

I remembered the only girl who ever contested with nancy for miss beauty was found dead after being raped.

Rumours had it that she had insulted the red eagles cult and they were responsible for her death.

Nobody suspected nancy but nobody knew the cult was headed by nancy's boyfriend, daniel. Except me.

Few students know i and Daniel were once best friends but nobody knows why we split.

The taught of what happened that night we split left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I went home asking God to forgive me, i was not able to reach out to plenty, my mood was ruined, a flyer is to be shared with a smile and faking a smile is one thing i don't know how to do.

Hiiiiiii😃😃😃😃
Matt 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness;
and all these things shall be added on to you.

Reaching out to souls comes with a whole lot of blessings.
Hope you are enjoying it 😍.
Nene is in danger and she is not aware.....