Mystery letter

Nene's POV

Grace you look lovely on this jump suit, the guy at the front seat couldn't even take his eyes off you. I said to grace as we walked home, it's been three weeks and school as been as stressful as it is fun.

Our matriculation was in a weeks time and i really looked forward to it.

Stop flattering me, i know i look like a balloon, grace said faking a laugh.
'what did you just say', i said stopping abruptly.

What???, grace asked looking confused.

'Girl i almost got into a fight with someone for insulting you, now here you are insulting yourself ', i said giving her a look that said unbelievable.

Obviously the problem isn't the girl who insulted you, the problem is you.

Let's go seat under that tree i got a little story to tell, I said pulling grace along.

What of zozy won't she check for us, grace asked.

Look at her, I said pointing to zozy who was resting on a wall seemingly absorbed in a conversation on phone, a small distance from where we were.

Do you know who she's speaking with, i asked.

No, grace said not getting my point.

Good, she's speaking with her boyfriend James and they spend not less than one hour on a call, making me wonder if he is the owner of MTN.

Am serious, i said to grace who was laughing as we sat down.

I'm the last child in my family, I have four elder sisters. But i wasn't treated like the last child in the family, i was treated like i was a mistake.

Compared to my elder sisters i was the ugliest thing my parents had ever set their eyes on...

'that's not true,you are very beautiful' grace said interrupting me.

I know am beautiful i said laughing, but take a look at my elder sisters picture,i said as i handed her my phone.

The look of awe in her eyes told me she understood what i was saying.

My eldest sister, anavami is tall, has a beautiful shape,large hips, busty, flat stomach and fair skinned.

My second sister anayinmi is just as beautiful, just a slimmer version of my elder sister. The two of them are topnotch models

My other sisters, oiza and omayoza are going after film making as am actress and with the kind of figure they've got. They're gonna make it.

I am the only dark skinned girl amongst us,fleshy and not tall so you can imagine how bad i felt about myself growing up with them.

My sisters picked themselves in two's and were quite close but that left me the fifth child close with no one.

Whenever my parents saw me they see their last hope of having a male child disappear, mum gave birth to me through an operation and was advised not to conceive again.

Dad loved mum too much to want an extra marital affair that will give him a male child. So instead the blame was pushed on my young shoulders.

Mum tells me instead of being an ugly girl i could have been a boy and dad jokingly says 'it's only nene's bride price that will be less than one million'.

I helped my class mate write her maths assignment for a year because she threatened to tell the whole school that 'someone like me' aspired to contest for miss beauty in our school. That was how brutalised my self esteem was.

I saw a tear drop from gracie's eye and i had too question myself  'is my story that pathetic'.

'when you saved me from embarrassment that day, i saw a girl i wished to be like, a pretty girl i couldn't have taught will want to be friends with me' grace said teary eyed.

I didn't tell you, so you could bath yourself with tears, i said laughing.

It was hard to believe grace was really crying on my behalf.

Grace, that girl you saw was a girl who learnt to love herself, a girl who realised people will only love her if she loved herself.

Zozy's mum embedded that mentality in me.

I met zozy's mum..,i started to say when zozy interrupted us.

Tell me it's not me, you two are gossiping, i heard my name, i just hope am not the zozy you are referring too. Zozy said, folding her sleeves like someone ready to fight.

Ahn ahn, did you and james fight, it's not up too one hour yet i said, slyly walking past her.

So you've been timing our conversations, zozy said,feigning surprise and promising grace all sorts of things she'll do to me when we get home.

'Good bye' grace said to us as we parted ways. 'And thank you for sharing your experience with me'.

You welcome, just make sure to study psalm 139:14. It's the verse that helped me through, i said.

'Sure will' grace said saving it on her phone. 'Bye zozy' she said again before going her way.

Bye, zozy replied before turning to me.

What's grace thanking you for, she asked inquisitively.

'Awn, am so proud of you, baby sis' was what i got from zozy after explaining everything to her.

If you call me baby sis again, I'll disown you as my best friend, you'll be oppressing me because of 5months, i said glaring at her.

Nene can you buy 5months in the market, Zozy replied dragging me to her as she went on and on about her boyfriend.

Wait!

I heard zozy say and i halted immediately. I was about opening the door to our room. Fear gripped me as i saw what i had almost stepped on.

A redscarf loosely attached to a note directly on our foot mat.

We said a short prayer and quoted Luke10:19
'Behold i give you power to tread upon serpent and scorpion and over every power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you.'

I picked it up and it read
"Nene, isn't it.
I wanted you to know that a rat that treads the paths of an elephant shall be trampled under feet."

How do you like this chapter, I'll love to know.
Psalm 139:14
I will praise thee for i am fearfully and wonderfully made, marvellous are thy works and that my soul knoweth right well.

You yes you, the bible says you were wonderfully made,created in a special way. Fearfully made, you command respect. I don't know about you but i believe. I've always known i was special. -Zavi😀
Enjoy 💜💜💜💜