Danger lurks

Hello readers, how are you enjoying this book, what do you think should happen?
What do you think is yet to happen?
Thanks for reading. 💜💜zavi

Combined POV 's
I taught you were not going to come, kelvin said as he approached nene flashing her a wide smile.

Yeah i know i was late, am sorry. Zozy and grace also apologize for not coming, zozy had a stomach ache.

Is it that bad, I could come check on her, I know a thing or two in medicine. My dad is a doctor, Kelvin said.

No never mind, nene said hastily. It was menstrual pain and she didn't know how to tell him that.

Okay, hope you enjoyed the sermon, kelvin asked.

Yes i did I was blessed and i look forward to coming next week, nene said, she felt really blessed.

Am glad you did....., kelvin was saying when he heard his name, being an executive he was always busy in the fellowship but this time around he had to excuse himself so he could see nene home. I'll be right back, kelvin said to nene as he went back to the fellowship.

Nene was feeling awkward waiting outside for kelvin and she didn't want to go back inside. Most of the fellowship members were nice and she already made a friend. Nkechi seemed like a nice girl, she was tall and dark skinned, she had on her hair a nice fringe, she had a pointed nose that made her look non nigerian. The black jean she wore suited her well and emphasized on her hips,big butts and flat tommy. She even had a diastema. She was the perfect description of black beauty. She smiled at me when our eyes met then later walked up to me too introduce herself. I had felt the urge to tell Nkechi she is beautiful but i restrained myself 'did she tell me she didn't know '.
She happened to be in the same department
with zozy. But there were this girl's who were giving her glares that said 'stay away from my man'. Kelvin had introduced her as a friend so she wondered what their problem was.

She decided to go home, obviously Kelvin is busy and wanted to see her off out of courtesy. She didn't want to burden him.

She chose to pass a short route since no bike was in sight, and she didn't want to wait since it was getting really dark.

Nene was preoccupied with thoughts of kelvin on a jeans and shirt that suited him just fine, wondering if any of those girls who had stared at her was his girlfriend??

She didn't notice, she was the only one left treading the path. She was jolted from her thoughts due to footsteps behind her. She realised how lonely the path was and quickened her pace, fear griping her.
Too late as hands gripped her and she was forced to kneel.

She screamed,kicked and kept on shouting Jesus Christ!, a rough hand covered her eyes with an hand kerchief. She only kept on praying as the self defense she had learnt could definitely not compare to the strength of her oppressors, she couldn't talk because her mouth was bounded too. Then she heard a voice that seemed familiar , she tried to remember.

Boo,why did you cover her eyes i want that bitch to know it's me, nancy said bitterly.

Calm down babe, i want the boys to check around to make sure this place is lonely or else we would go elsewhere.

So na you be the thing wey dey harass my babe, daniel said his voice coarse and without emotion as he used his axe to draw a circle round nene.

Capon nobody dey around, Scorpion said to Daniel.

Lose the rope from her eyes, daniel ordered.

Nene was terrified as tears spilled from her eyes. She couldn't die like this, And she kept on calling the name of Jesus Christ and declaring in her mind 'I shall not die but live to declare the works of the lord '.
She saw Nancy and her boyfriend who looked familiar except for the blood shot eyes now, he was one of the schools star and supposedly gentleman with five other guys with a red scarf tied round their heads on black, they were all holding an axe. The thought that the axe was meant for her sent shivers down her spine.

She felt her cheeks sting as nancy landed a hot slap on it.

'Bitch! I'm talking to you, what did you think, acting like a super hero and embarrassing me, now let's see who's gonna be your superhero, nancy said mocking nene. Rape her guys and dump her body wherever you like.

Nene tried to control her tears, she wasn't going to show nancy just how scared she was, she felt helpless, her hands were tied and she cried out in her mind 'oh righteous father, I didn't go to club and i didn't go to party, i was coming from the fellowship
have mercy upon me and answer my prayers. I'm untouched because i know my body is the temple of the most high, cause confusion in their midst'.

Guys stop it! Una dey craze, the capon fired and the guys who were losing their belts stopped immediately.

I would take her first, daniel said not minding nancy's glares.

Babe what are you talking about, nancy said with a shocked expression.

She's a beauty and i can't really let that go to waste Nancy, you want her dead and by morning tomorrow she'll be gone. Just go home, Titan will escort you.

Are you mad??, nancy said as she flung herself on an unsuspecting daniel, his team were trying to cut them off, they didn't notice when kelvin crept in.

Kelvin!! from where???
I know that's your question and it will be answered in the next chapter.
Hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to tell what you think about this chapter in the comment box. Thanks for reading. Have a great day💙💙 - Zavi