Narrow Escape

Kelvins POV

'Just run and don't turn back' I whispered as I untied Nene.
I had been surprised nene didn't wait for me, i didn't get to ask for her number and that's why i decided to run after her. When i got to the junction and realized there was neither bike nor cab I knew that ohunene must have taken a short trekable route . Knowing how dangerous that is, i took the same route only to hear Nancy's voice.
Anger had swelled in me when nancy hit her but i knew going out of where i was hiding will be of little help against six guys each with an axe.
I could never be more grateful to Oscar who had introduced me to sergeant kanu (oscar's uncle). I called him and he promised to come in no time. I prayed and hoped they wouldn't be too late.
When daniel talked of raping nene i knew i couldn't just watch anymore, if harm got to ohunene I'd never be able to forgive myself. Their argument had been the perfect timing.

I can't go without you, nene said

Just go, police are on their way, now isn't the time to be stubborn i whispered trying my best to avoid attention.

Okay I'll just..., nene started to say when Daniel's cold voice interrupted and she scurried off.

"No better day than this day, I get to kill two birds with one stone"
We meet again Kelvin, Daniel said.

Indeed, it's been a long time, i said furiously, all thoughts of how they killed Jude, flooding my mind.

Aren't you scared, I'll just butcher you as i did with jude, daniel said with a smirk.

You couldn't kill me, three years ago and you still won't be able to kill me now because he that is in me is greater than he that is in you, I retorted not minding the fact that his boys were surrounding me because i knew that God was with me.

At least I'll kill her, finally a girl who matters to you, Daniel said mockingly.

Scorpion go after nene! Daniel ordered.

Now that got to me and i flung a blow at him, it caught him off guard and he stumbled, he threw his axe at me and only by the grace of God did i manage to dodge it, it left only a scratch. I flexed my muscles as the other guys got ready to attack me but then a gun shot was heard and the police surrounded the place,

Your girlfriend is a goner! Daniel barked at me before running off. Nancy was the first to be caught, because she had been too dazed due to the beat up from her boyfriend to realize what happened. Daniel was caught shortly after because of his limping, he was shot in the leg.

I thanked God and hoped nene was safe and scorpion didn't catch up with her.
My heart soared with joy the moment i saw her and didn't know when i drew her in an embrace the moment she appeared and i had the urge to wipe those tears in her eyes.

Nene's POV

When he hugged me, the tears spilled, i felt comfortable and safe in his arms. God saved me and i'm forever grateful, to think just minutes ago i was going to be raped, when kelvin came to my rescue it was so unexpected.
Scorpion had almost caught up with me, when we heard the gunshot and he ran for his life.
I retraced my steps, it seemed like Kelvin was also about looking for me. The relief that surged through me when i saw he was not hurt except for a little scratch on his arm. It felt like hours passed before he released me from the hug, i wanted to stay there, but definitely not.

Thank God you were not hurt, I said, now it feels awkward we actually hugged.

Thank God, Kelvin said before his expression became stern.

Why didn't you wait for me? he asked.

I felt you were busy and i didn't want to disturb you, i said heads down, i just couldn't stand his intense gaze, and i knew i was wrong to have left without telling him.