My passion

Sometimes fast
Sometimes slow
but the clock will forever tick
When all hope diminishes
and you think all is finished
with determination never mind
one day that dream of yours will
be accomplished.

4 yrs later

1 john 4:16 ' And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God and God in him'

Learn to love yourself so God can dwell in you, when the love of God is in you, joy will continually radiate in your life. When you love your self the way you are, you've automatically accepted God's love for you because God created you in that unique way and whenever you feel bad about yourself it's like you're telling God he made a mistake when creating you.

Imagine meeting a sculptor and while admiring his sculpture you tell him 'you must have been really sad when you made this' and he says no he wasn't, as a matter of fact he was at his best moments when he made it and it's also a priceless entity he's not going to sell.

That's the same way it is with us, we are the sculpture and God is our sculptor, it's high time we start seeing ourselves the way our maker see's us, stop viewing your self in the eyes of others.

You are priceless, beautiful, enchanting in your own way, the Bible says you are the light of the world, a city set on a hill that cannot be hidden, the salt of the earth, Nene said, head held up high standing on a podium in the place that once was her school, as she paused a bit to let the uproar and cheers die down .

Her gaze met that of her parents and the pride in their eyes was all she needed to continue.

''Whenever you feel lonely, uncared for,broken, beaten,or ashamed. Remember verse 19, 'we love him because he first loved us'. God who loved you enough to send his only son to die for our sins still loves you now."

Whenever you feel that something is not good about you, write out the things that are good about you. If you feel your hair is short, you might have the perfect long eyelashes. When you think you don't have hot legs you might have great hips and a flat stomach.

The point is there's something special about every single one of us that is not in all. So never compare yourself with others and suicide is never an option. Thank you.

Nene ended amidst a round of applause as she walked back to her seat and the mc took over.

She let out a sigh of relief as she took her seat and thanked God inwardly, this wasn't the first time she'd be speaking to a crowd of people but it was definitely the first time she'd be speaking in 'Ogaminana girls high'.

It held too much of her child hood, of the former her who will prefer to be beaten on this same podium instead of saying the answer to a question for fear of being wrong and being laughed at by her mates.

When the invitation to come to her former school had come, it had not been unexpected. When she finished serving two years ago she decided to set up a business of her own so she could have time to go after her passion.

Now her business was booming and she was making waves as a motivational speaker. Whenever she speaks, God uses her words to touch lives.

'Let's go ' was what jolted her from her reverie.

Nene followed her mum outside to her dads car. The proprietress
followed suit and thanked her.
She left her number so she knew she'd be receiving calls later on.

Ohunene I'm so proud of you, Nene heard her dad say.

We are sorry for making you feel unloved, we love you and we hope you can forgive us for how we treated you when you were younger, her mum said sadly.

Dad, mum, who am i not to forgive, i love you both and whatever happened in my yesterday is what has moulded my today, Nene said hugging her parents.

Nene didn't hear her parents chatter in the car as her dad drove home. She was absorbed with thoughts of the long drive from Kogi state back to Lagos state tomorrow.

Zozy's mum already filled her boot with foodstuffs for her pregnant daughter. Then...
Kelvin, he couldn't come and he had not called, that was unlike him, she was about calling him when his text message came in.

'Hi Nene, wish you a safe trip back home, see you tomorrow.'

Seriously, not even a how was your day, he knew how she dreaded going to ogaminana high and he didn't bother asking, Nene muttered.

What did you say darling, nene's mum asked.

Nothing mum, Nene said biting her lips, she had talked out loud.
It was pointless saying anything about Kelvin, he already charmed her parents and four sisters especially when they heard of how he saved her from the cultists.

Since he didn't bother to call to hear her voice, she wasn't going to call either.

Nene determined to text back 'am good' as her father parked the car in their spacious compound.

Still worry tugged at her, this was really really unusual.

Hello readers thank you for reading this chapter, hope it isn't disappointing...
Don't let it be 😃
Did you get the tip
Zozy is pregnant!
Watch out for the next chapter. 💙💙💙💙-zavi