She's grace not mary.

Nene's POV

What the hell did you do that for, you want trouble on your very first day in school, zozy finally said clearing the awkward silence that had sustained since we left the restaurant.

You know why i did that, i know how it feels to be insulted and body shamed. She literally embarrassed mary, i said. My voice as low as ever. I wasn't really in for an argument with zozy.

'My name is not mary, it's grace.'
The fat girl who i had named mary said walking in on us and flashing me a big smile.

I'm sorry i already forgot i gave you that name,i smiled back. My name is Ohunene but you can call me nene.

I'm Ozozahuwa but you can call me zozy, she said looking all guilty and i was glad her anger had melted.

It happens this is the same route i take home so i wanted to say thank you. It had felt like the ground should open up and swallow me then, grace said.

No biggie besides if you had said 'excuse me my name is not mary' the ground would have opened up to swallow me. I said making us all laugh.

Thanks once again grace said as we got to a turn, flashing us that cute smile of hers that made her look really pretty.

I couldn't imagine a slimmer grace, her chubbiness suits her well. We exchanged numbers and said our byes.

She is a new student like me and zozy, happens to be in the same department with me. She seemed like a nice girl, we'd be good friends.

'Sorry for shouting earlier, you could have been in trouble if the girl had sprung at you and that would have caused chaos.' zozy said.

'Never' I would have shown her the stuffs an ebira girl is made of and am sure you would have backed me up, so you see baby girl, I considered the odds, I said jokingly.

Silly head, zozy said laughing as we entered our room. When you see us together one will think she is my elder sister and not know she's just months older than me. She's so overly protective.

I prepared one indomie (noodles) for my self.
Since the madam who is supposed to cook already filled her stomach with spicy rice after consuming mine and hers.

We prayed and she went to bed while i took the only book that could help me keep my sanity and meditated on it before i pulled my trouser and changed to my p.j going straight to bed.

Hope you're enjoying it. 😃😃
POV=Point of view. I once was confused about it.
Please comment, your opinion matters .

Ohunene is pronounced as oh who nene. Ozozahuwa as oh zo zar who wa
❤❤❤❤❤-zavi

Meaning :
Ozozahuwa= Prettiest of them all.
Ohunene =Patience.