A glistening ring💍

If he's yours
he's yours
I don't know but i think one will know. There'll be this sparkle, this connection, there'll be challenges, road blocks, but at the end of the day if he's yours he'll be yours.

My lady, kelvin said as he moved the chair for Nene to sit on.

Stop acting gentlemanly, it doesn't suit you, Nene said teasingly taking her seat.

Oh come on, gentleman is my middle name, Kelvin said smiling as he looked her over, the blue gown she wore accentuating her curves, her smooth brown skin seemed to be glowing. Pride swelled in him, this beauty was his, ok, not really mine but will be mine today if she says yes.

He felt nervous, oh God please let her say yes. They've dated long enough, they were both fulfilled in their chosen careers.

Nene had wanted time to pursue her passion, enjoy being single and she had.

Come on be positive, she'd say yes. Kelvin heard that voice which he knew was the holy spirit as he took his seat.

Kelvin, Nene said the moment the waitress left, even though he looked breath takingly handsome in his tuxedo, and he just had an haircut making his handsome face more obvious.

Or maybe its because she had not seen him for some time, either ways she's still not letting him off the hook easily and that's why she gave him the questioning look, he looked so nervous, what's up his sleeves.

You look lovely, Kelvin blurted out.

You said that 10,15, and 20 mins ago and now I've exhausted all my thank you, Nene said with a smile even though she was mentally jumping, her efforts on looking good today hadn't gone to waste he didn't even need to say it, it was all in his eyes.

Don't evade my question, what's wrong, Nene said looking at him intently.

Kelvin shrugged, okay i'll tell you but first you tell me all about your trip, how are your parents and how was your talk at ogaminana high, Kelvin inquired.

He hadn't forgotten. Nene felt guilty, then she explained everything, how she felt scared at first and her parents outburst.

'Am so sorry for not being there'
Kelvin said sincerely.

I know you were busy but i don't know why you didn't call me and what's wrong ? Nene asked studying Kelvin, remember you said no secrets.

This is why i didn't want to call, i knew you'll read through my voice, now my plans have been destabilized, Kelvin said with a groan but Nene's attention was on what he brought out, a small box.

Nene felt a lump in her throat, how could she have been so insensitive, yes they had talked about it like a year ago and she had told him she wanted to achieve some things before marriage, Kelvin was good to go and since he finished before her he was ready, still he was understanding.

What am i so scared of in marriage, Zozy is enjoying her marriage and nothing has changed between her and James.

Even though I checked 150 ways on how to propose romantically,
it's annoying that this is how i end up proposing, Kelvin crouched one knee as he bent low and brought out the ring.

An extremely beautiful and dazzling ring,

Ohunene Elizabeth Micheal

Will you be my bride?, the mother of my children, my better half, will you marry me?, Kelvin said, the ring stretched forth.

Nene didn't hear anything, the only thing on her mind was the glistening ring. It was enchanting and every single doubt about getting married young disappeared, it was as if it was saying, 'your marital life is going to forever glow like me'.