Complicated

Nene's POV

So how did you meet kelvin, zozy said the moment i got inside.
Two plates of spaghetti was on the table and her sitting posture told me it was 'story story time',I had a lot to tell so I hung my bag and sat down to my plate of spaghetti. 'Don't talk while eating' is a table manner i and zozy left off in primary school.

Spill it nene, zozy cooed. The moment i saw that guy my steps faltered even james will take his words back as the 'world's most handsome guy' when he sees kelvin.

Babe won't you let me eat a spoon or two peacefully before i start talking, I said grumbling.

No I won't, so start talking, did he ask you out or ask for your number, zozy continued excitedly.

He didn't ask me for my number, I said a tidbit disappointed, then I explained everything to an expectant zozy whose countenance changed immediately.

Nene your life is in danger and you said it so calmly, zozy said raising her voice.

What am i supposed to do, cry is it, I said sarcastically already upset that zozy was over reacting.

I told you that day but you wouldn't listen i warned you, no one is ever right except yourself, zozy fired at me.

Can you please stop raising your voice, you are talking to your friend not your daughter, i snapped.

Well you definitely acted immature so maybe you should start acting your age instead of endangering us, zozy retorted.

Really, since you are that worried mrs matured let me let you know that I'm the only one in danger, I said angrily and wished that instant that we had two rooms,so I could just go there and not see her face.

Our room was wide though and we had a toilet, bathroom and kitchen to ourselves. Seeing her only made me feel guilty for my last statement, worse of all it shut her up.

I took my food to a corner and ate it all up even though i had lost my appetite, Zozy did the same. Meaning we ate in silence something we hardly do.
We both acted like internet freaks with the way we completely ignored each other only concentrating on our phones.
Zozy had always been an early sleeper so shortly after, she got up to pray.We prayed together,even prayed against the red eagles cult. Praying together is something we'll always do no matter the situation, zozy's mum made us promise to always pray together.

Zozy slept off but I stayed awake. I couldn't sleep, i remembered how i had met zozy, she was a new student in my school before i realised she was the daughter of the newly transferred pastor in my church.

She saved me from some bullies in school and we immediately clicked. Then i met her mum and became more engaged in church activities, attending teenage seminars.

Zozy's mum told me i was beautiful but i retorted with all alacrity that i wasn't. That was the day she made it her duty to change my mentality, and she did.

I was sixteen then but now I'm eighteen and those two years were life changing.

Zozy is the first born and the only daughter with two younger brothers. She is used to giving orders, I should be used to it now but instead i got angry at her protectiveness.

I knew deep down that zozy was only worried for me just like kelvin was. They were both scared and now that got me scared. I knelt down and prayed for God's mercies guidance and protection.

When i laid down to sleep, all bad thoughts were out, I felt within me that God had answered my prayers. I smiled as I thought of kelvin, the mystery guy, his tall fair skinned well structured body. I had been to absorbed in his dimpled smile to take note of his out fit. Walking home with him had been so fun I secretly wished my house was farther. And the way he pronounces my full name.......

Shut up nene, he's just a God sent messenger. I drifted off in sleep.

Kelvin's POV

He woke up feeling really excited, he told himself it was because fellowship will be holding today.

But he knew it wasn't just because of that, it was because of that special someone who will be attending.

He had berated himself a hundred times now for forgetting to collect her number.

Only fear that she'd think him a stalker had stopped him from going to her house this past four days.

He had wanted to check up on her yesterday but had seen zozy who told him nene was doing fine and there was no other threat note. His excuse to see her was blown.

He felt a bit relieved when he had done research on daniel, being a school superstar news of him was on the school platform.
'he travelled impromptu' according to what he saw on the net and he was happy at least the cultist won't do anything to nene until their boss is back.

He chose his clothes carefully,'i guess i want to impress someone', he muttered with a smile, dressing up .

Nene's POV

Zozy am really sorry i can't stay, i said remorseful. She was on her monthly and of all times for it to visit it happens to be when we planned on going to fellowship.
Go nene, after all grace said she'd come over, zozy said gritting her teeth in pain and pressing her stomach.

Okay, let me wait till when grace comes, i insisted. Zozy almost always have pains during her monthly, it wouldn't b seee nice to leave her alone .

Nene go, we can't all disappoint kelvin, we promised we'd be there. You'll be late if you wait for grace, zozy said laying down on the bed. The pain had eased her a bit.

OK, i said reluctantly. See ya,i said to zozy as i took my chain bag and went out. I was glad we had settled our scores. That day i had woken up in the morning to a delicious aroma.

Zozy was in the kitchen preparing fried rice my favorite dish.

I thought she was cooking it to get at me so I'll salivate while watching her eat.

Since i already had intentions of apologizing i knew nothing was going to stop me from eating that food.

I was going to meet her in the kitchen when she came out with two plates of food and stretched one to me.

I really felt like kissing her that instant, fried rice always had that effect on me.

We sat down to eat and acted like nothing happened.

Then i apologized and she did too, that settled it.

I boarded a bike that took me straight to the fellowship.