Ch. 1 - Car Crash Aftermath

I WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF SIRENS  in the distance

I WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF SIRENS in the distance. I groaned as I cracked my eyes opened. The car was laying on Campbell's side, and glass was littered everywhere. The airbags were deployed, and blood was everywhere.

Campbell.

I looked to my right to see Campbell unconscious with blood dripping from her head. She was barely breathing.

No. No. No.

"Campbell, baby, wake up!" I exclaimed as I checked her pulse. It was there, but it was faint.

I tried to unbuckle my seatbelt, but it was locked. I yelled in frustration as sirens grew louder.

"You're going to be okay. She's going to be okay," I said over and over and I tried to get out of my seat.

My vision started to go in and out, and I fought the urge of trying to sleep. But my body was weak and hurt, so it protested me. Everything became numb, and my eyelids became heavy.

Within a few seconds, blackness overtook me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Beep. Beep. Beep.

What the hell was that annoying noise? I thought I turned my alarms off. I opened my eyes, ready to turn of my alarm clock when I saw my parents standing over me.

"Oh, thank God, you're okay! We were so scared," Mom said before kissing me on the forehead.

"Where am I? What happened?" I groaned as my body ache.

"You are at the hospital. You were in a car accident," Dad replied, holding my hand. My eyes widen as I looked around to see machines. I saw darkness out the windows so it still must be nighttime.

"Ross said you have two bruised ribs, a sprained wrist, and six stitches on your forehead. You're basically okay, but your car, on the other hand, is destroyed," Mom informed me, shaking her head at the last part.

"Where's Campbell?" I asked, suddenly, remembering she was in the car with me.

Mom kept her eyes trained on her hands as Dad had a concern look on his face. She can't be died. She had a pulse when I checked it. It was faint, but it was there.

"Where is she?" I asked once more, getting more terrified as the thoughts of her dead flashed in my mind.

"When the truck hit your side, it made you guys spin. Then another truck coming from the other way hit you guys once more, but this time it was on Campbell's side. It flipped you guys, and it landed on Campbell's side of the vehicle," Mom explained, making me shake my head.