Ch. 39 - Clary vs Campbell Smackdown

RING

RING. RING. RING.

I shut my textbook as the bell rang for lunch. I stood up from my chair. I grabbed my things before heading over to Brent who was waiting for me.

He threw an arm over my shoulders, bringing  me closer to him. He has been really protective since I told him what happened with Alec.

And it doesn't help that somebody told the whole school I was pushed down the stairs.

Now, everybody is looking at me and whispering about me. I even heard rumor that Brent pushed me because I cheated on him with Alec.

As we walked into the lunchroom, some people turned to look at us. Brent ignored them, and I looked ahead at our table which was full.

"I'll go get you a plate. What do you want?" Brent asked me, pulling my chair out for me to sit.

"An apple is fine," I told him, making him nod.

I was too stressed to eat.

I sat down at the table, and they were all staring at me, too.

"So how was the first four classes?" Nick asked, breaking the silence.

I shrugged,"Fine."

"Campbell-.." Maya started, but I cut her off.

"Guys, I'm fine," I insisted, leaning back in my chair.

"Are you sure, Cam? Because if people were staring and making up crazy rumors about me, I would be upset," Micheal asked me.

"Yes. Now, can we please talk about something else?" I asked them, making them all nod.

"We were just talking about the new horror movie that's coming out this weekend," Jordan told me as she held Micheal's hand.

Shit.

Micheal never got to announce his secret because of all my drama. I'm going to have to make it up to him.

"Alright. I got you a pizza, french fries, and an apple," Brent said, sitting down beside me.

"I told you that an apple was fine," I replied as he put the gray in front of me.

"You have a lot on your mind right now, and I noticed you didn't touch your breakfast this morning," Brent argued as he picked up his own slice of pizza.

I sighed, grabbing my slice of pizza before taking a bite of it.

Brent was right like usual.

I haven't really ate since what happened two days ago. I snacked here and there, but I haven't ate a whole meal.

I finished my pizza within a minute, and I started on the fries next.

"Campbell, do you have any plans for your birthday?" Nichole asked me before popping a blueberry in her mouth.