Ch. 40 - Supermarket Run-Ins 2.0

I GOT SUSPENDED FROM SCHOOL FOR THREE DAYS

I GOT SUSPENDED FROM SCHOOL FOR THREE DAYS. Mom and Dad weren't really mad since I told them what she said about my father, but I'm still grounded.

I can't any friends or Brent over. I can still have my phone though.

Dad actually gave me a high five when he realized I won which also made Mom mad.

"Campbell, can you come down here, please?!" Mom yelled from downstairs.

I slid off my bed, and I walked downstairs to see Mom writing on a piece of paper. Her dark brown hair was put up in a ponytail and she was in leggings and a pink blouse.

"What's up?" I asked her, stuffing my hands in my hoodie pockets.

"Would you like to go to the store with me?" Mom asked, looking up from the piece of paper.

"I thought I wasn't suppose to leave the house," I replied, making her shrug.

"I'll be there with you, and we are just going to the grocery store which is like ten minutes in town."

I smiled,"Okay. Let me go put on my shoes."

I have been stuck in this house for a little over a week, and I'm so happy to go out. Don't get me wrong, I would love to go outside, but it's too cold outside to do anything.

I put on my boots before grabbing my phone. I went back downstairs to see Mom putting her purse on her shoulder.

Her belly has has gotten bigger, but I guess that's normal for six months along.

Mom and I walked outside, and Mom handed me my car keys.

"Oh my gosh! Are we taking my car?" I asked her, making her nod.

"Well, you have only drove it like three times so why not," Mom replied as I unlocked the doors.

"Thank you," I thanked her as we got into the car. I buckled myself in, and I started the engine.

Mom put hers on, and I backed out of the driveway. Then I switched gears, and we were on our way to the store.

Mom stifled a yawn, and I asked her,"Are you tired?"

Mom nodded,"Amber has been kicking me the last two nights and I have only gotten maybe six hours of sleep in total."

"I'm not looking forward to that," I said with a shake of my head.

The thought of kids scares me. I love kids, but I'm scared that I won't be a great mother.

"It's not really that bad. So have you created a list of names for your children?" Mom asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I do not have a list," I replied, making her gasp.

"You have to have a list! Every girl has one."

"Well, I don't."