Ch. 3 - Jewerly Box

THE DOCTOR, David who is also my step father, let me leave a week later

THE DOCTOR, David who is also my step father, let me leave a week later. While I was stuck in the hospital, four girls came to see me, and they shared a few memories with me.

None of it rang a bell, but they seem nice. There is also this other girl, Anna, who is at college, but she talked to me on the phone.

Everybody is being very cautious and patient with me, but it just makes things worst. I feel like I have to remember soon or else they will grow angry.

Lisa and Ross brought me to my home, and when we stepped into the door, a golden retriever came running towards us. I jumped back with wide eyes. The dog titled it's head with a confused expression on its face.

"Campbell, this is Summer. You found her in a box in the park with Leah, your little sister," Lisa informed me, petting the dog.

Lisa and Ross told me that I could call them by their names or Mom and Dad. Whichever one I felt more comfortable with for the moment.

I gulped,"S-she's pretty."

"We ordered pizza," Nick, or I think it's Nick, said, walking out of what it looks like a kitchen.

"Delicious. Nick, why don't you show Campbell where her room is? Please,"Ross asked him, putting his jacket on a hook.

"Sure. Follow me Campbell," Nick said as he walked over to the stairs.

This house is huge.The biggest house I have ever been in was a two bedroom house, and that was years ago.

I followed Nick upstairs, and he walked down a hallway. He opened a door with a C on it, and I stepped into the room, well my room.

In my room, my bed was in the middle, and I had a desk against the wall by the door. My tv was hanging on a wall in the corner with a bookshelf underneath it. I also had a bean bag chair in the corner beside my bed. There was another door, probably leading to a closet.

The wall my bed was on was covered in vines with lights. Then on my bookshelf I had multiple pictures with the girls I met in the hospital, Brent, and the boys.

"This is my room?" I asked Nick who was behind me. I turned to face him.

He nodded,"Yep."

"Wow," I muttered in disbelief as I continued to look around the room. I ran my fingers over the books on the book shelf.

"Books are your best friend," Nick joked as he sat on the bean bag chair.

"Have I read all of these?" I asked him, taking a book out of the shelf. The Notebook.

Even though I don't remember reading, I felt like I know this book inside out.

"You actually read all of the these multiple times. You are a fast reader. Mom bought you five books one day, and you finished all of them within forty-eight hours," Nick told me with a laugh, leaning back in the bean bag.