Ch. 30 - One Year

I GROANED AS I TURNED OVER

I GROANED AS I TURNED OVER. Opening my eyes, I see that I was the only person in the bed. Brent was nowhere in sight.

Since I was still naked, I wrapped the sheet around me, and I got out of the bed. My thighs and my area were really sore, and I felt like I did a thousand squats.

Last night was...amazing. Brent was very gentle, and he kept asking if I was okay.

I grabbed a pair of underwear and one of Brent's shirts. I changed into the clothes, and I brushed my teeth.

Once I was finished, I walked out of the room, looking for Brent. I slowly made my way down the stairs, and I heard a song playing in the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen to see Brent dancing along to the music as he flipped a pancake. He was in a pair of grey sweatpants, but no shirt.

Not that I'm complaining.

I sat down on a bar stool, and he turned around to face me. He grinned from ear to ear.

"Good morning, beautiful. Happy anniversary," he said, leaning over to give me a quick kiss on the lips.

"Morning. Happy anniversary," I replied before yawning.

He flipped a pancake onto a plate. I also saw that he made bacon. He put a couple pieces of bacon on the plate before giving it to me.

Then he put a pancake on his plate along with bacon. Then he sat down next to me, and I grabbed the syrup.

"How are you feeling? Is everything okay...down there?"

"I'm just a bit sore is all," I replied, cutting my pancake with my fork.

"So I thinking, and we could go adventure in the town. They have these cute coffee shops and bookstores. Maybe we can find the rest of those books you wanted to read," Brent suggested before taking a bite of his food. 

I read The Deal by Elle Kennedy, and I'm obsessed with the Off Campus series. I want to get the rest of the books, but I haven't had a chance to look for them.

"That's an amazing idea," I replied, happily.

Brent and I agreed on no presents because Christmas is two days away.

I looked at my phone, and I saw that Brent tagged me in a post. I clicked on it, and it was a picture of me.

I had flour all over my face and apron. My hair was pulled into a messy bun, and I was laughing. Under the picture it said, happy anniversary, princess. i love you.

I liked the post before creating one. I picked a picture of Brent dressed in green fairy wings and a diamond tiara. He was sitting at Vanessa's small table, and they were having a tea party.

Payback.

For the caption, I put one year with my best friend. i luv you.

We finished our breakfast, and we walked upstairs to change into different clothes. I grabbed my outfit from my suitcase, and I went into the bathroom.