Ch. 18 - "You literally an ancient soul stuck in a teenager's body."

"I LOOK LIKE I'M PREGNANT with a food baby!" Nick groaned, patting his stomach

I was sitting at the bar scrolling on my MacBook researching information for a research paper I have to turn in Monday.

I'm taking my time with my MacBook because as soon as I am done it has to go straight back into Lisa's office where my tv remote and phone is at. The only reason I'm allowed to have my MacBook is for this paper on the ocean.

"Nick, you literally have a six pack. I assure you that you don't look like you have a food baby in your stomach," I said glancing up at him.

"You know, now that I think about it, after lacrosse season, I'm not doing anymore sports! That means I'll lose my precious babies!" Nick said with wide eyes.

"You know there is a place to keep in shape. It's called a gym. Why don't you look that up?" I said, sarcastically before Maya strolled into the kitchen.

"Hey, Campbell, have you seen my maroon leggings? I was going to head to the gym, but I can't find them anywhere," Maya asked me as I looked over at Nick who was eating a brownie.

"Last time I saw them, they were on the dryer in a basket," I answered before typing the last sentence on my essay.

"Thanks. I'll go look," Maya thanked me before leaving g the kitchen.

I sent my essay to my teacher before closing my MacBook. I got off the bar stool before I left the room with my MacBook in my hands.

Lisa was in her office typing away on her computer. She looked up when she saw me, and she gave me a tight smile.

"Did you finish your essay?" Lisa asked me, holding her hands out for my laptop.

I nodded,"Yes ma'am. It's done and submitted."

I handed her my laptop, and she put it in the drawer which held my other belongings. Then she looked back at me.

"Campbell, you do understand why you are grounded, right?" Lisa asked me, clasping her hands in front of her.

"Yes ma'am. I took off without telling anybody where I was. I was stupid–..." I started, but she cut me off.

"Campbell Jane West Cade, don't you ever call yourself stupid, again. You were hurting, and that pain was clouding your mind."

I nodded and she said,"I love you, Campbell."

"I love you, too," I told her before I left the room.

I walked up the stairs, and when I entered my room, Summer was laying on my bed, asleep. I smiled as she snuggled into my throw blanket I had on my bed.

I grabbed a word search book, and I climbed into my bed, trying my best not to wake Summer. I grabbed a highlighter from my nightstand table, and I looked for the words.