Ch. 17 - Baby...

AS SOON AS I SAW Nick pacing back and forth in the waiting room, my mouth opened

"Where is she? Is she okay? Is the baby okay?" I asked him, barging into the waiting room.

A relief washed over his face when he saw me then he scowled.

"Where the hell have you been, Campbell?!" He asked me.

"I..." I tried to explain but he cut me off.

"You had all of us worried sick about you. We thought you ran away!" Nick continued to fuss.

"I didn't run away. I was upset and I still am. How could you guys not tell me that my father died?" I asked him, giving him a glare.

"We couldn't!" Nick exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air.

"What do you mean?"

"David gave us clear instructions to keep things on the positive side with you because he was scared you could go into a mental shock if we focused on the negative things. We were protecting you for crying out loud! And here you are throwing a hissy fit because we kept something from you!" Nick said, taking a step forward making me take a step back.

"I understand that, but yes, I'm throwing a hissy fit as you call it because my father is dead! And it turns out that I actually was on good terms with him and actually speaking to him! The last thing I remember about him is him going to flipping jail! So of course I'm going to throw a hissy fit!" I shot back, angrily.

"And now because of you, Mom is in the hospital!" Nick replied, making my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"What?" I asked, quietly.

"Mom was so worried and stressed that something happened to you. Because of stress, she fainted! She fell when she fainted, and now we don't know if the baby is okay! For all we know is that she could be dead!" Nick said as his voice broke. Tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Nick..." I said before I engulfed him into a hug. I wrapped my short arms around his upper stomach.

He sobbed into my shoulder, and I rubbed his back. After a few minutes, we broke apart, and Nick wiped away the rest of his stray tears.

"Everything is going to be okay. Where are other boys?" I asked him as he sat down in the chair.

"They went out looking for you. I stayed at home with Mom, and I went into the kitchen to grab her some water when I heard her fall. They should be here soon," Nick explained before taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry about all of this. I shouldn't have ran off with Alec," I apologized, sitting in the chair next to him.

His eyebrows furrowed together,"You were with Alec? Like as in Alec Daniels?"

I nodded,"Yeah. Why?"

"Campbell, you need to stay far away from him. He is just friends with you to get back at Brent and I," Nick warned me with a serious face.