Ch. 10 - Kiss

WHEN LUNCH TIME CAME AROUND, I was happy that the day was almost over

WHEN LUNCH TIME CAME AROUND, I was happy that the day was almost over. I sat down beside Brent who gave me a sly smile.

"Hey, do you guys know Clary?" I asked the girls, opening my water.

Hailey furrowed her eyebrows,"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"I met her this morning in the hall. I invited her and her friend to the sleepover tomorrow night," I explained, making everybody go still.

"You what?" Nichole asked me with wide eyes.

"What's the big deal? She is too kind to hurt me if that's what you are worried about," I said, poking my salad with my fork.

"Campbell, Clary-..." Maya started, but Gaberial interrupted her.

"-is sweet," Gaberial finished for her, giving her a warning glare. Maya nodded, and she cleared her throat. Everybody, except Brent, nodded in agreement.

"Oh for gosh sakes. Stop lying to her," Brent said, pushing away his food.

"Brent!" Nick hissed, but I looked over at Brent.

"Lying about what?" I asked him, making him look up at me.

"Clary is a total bitch. She bullied you, told the whole school about Malcom, and she told you ruined your homecoming night just because she was jealous," Brent explained, not skipping a beat.

"Really?" I asked him.

"I can't lie to you anymore," he replied before looking back at the table.

Clary seemed so nice this morning. I'm not saying I don't believe Brent, but I don't know how Clary could be mean.

"Well, maybe she had a change of heart," I said after a few moments in silence.

"If she is being nice to you, it's because she has something up her sleeve," Gavin told me before drinking his soda.

"Well, I guess we shall find out tomorrow night," I replied, stubbornly.

"Campbell, we are trying to warn you that she is going to hurt you," Micheal told me, tapping his finger on the table.

"And that may be the case, but I am going to give her another chance. It's not like I remember that stuff anyways." Everything went quiet at the table, and I lost my appetite suddenly.

"I'm have to go to the...library," I quickly lied, getting up from the table.

I threw the rest of my food away before leaving the cafeteria. I walked into the library, and I ran into the librarian, Mrs. Daniels.