Ch. 25 - Chocolate Pudding

I OPENED MY EYES, and I saw Lisa sitting in a chair beside me

I OPENED MY EYES, and I saw Lisa sitting in a chair beside me. Ross was on the other side of me in a chair, and they both looked up at me and smiled.

"Campbell, how are you feeling, sweetie?" Lisa asked me, holding my hand.

"I-I remember," I said with a smile. "I remember everything."

Ross and Lisa looked at each other, and they grinned, happily. Lisa even had a few tears roll down her cheeks.

"That's amazing!" Ross exclaimed, running a hand through his hair.

I started to sit up when I winced in pain. I looked down to see my left hand in a splint.

"You bruised your spine, two ribs, sprained your ankle, and fractured your wrist," Ross informed me.

"How did this happen?" I asked, trying to remember.

"Grace was on the phone with you, and she heard you fall down the stairs," Lisa explained with a soft expression.

I shook my head,"No. I-I caught myself. I had a memory, but I caught myself."

"Then how did you end up in a hospital bed?"

My eyes widen when I remembered somebody pushing me. Then they stepped over me, and they left the scene.

"Somebody pushed me," I said as fear went through my body.

"Who would push you?" Lisa asked me, trying to piece everything together.

"I don't know. Malcom and Jax are in jail, and anybody who doesn't like me right now wouldn't try and kill me."

"We will inform the police, and we will look at security cameras. We will find who did this to you," Ross promised me, angrily.

"Please don't tell the boys," I begged them. "They have already suffered so much from people trying to get to me. I don't want them to worry over this. At least, not until we know for certain."

"If that's what you then, okay," Lisa reassured me.

"Where are my brothers?" I asked, noticing that they were not in the room.

"Home. They were here, but you were resting. Brent was here also. They would have stayed longer, but visiting hours were over," Ross replied.

"Oh," I said as a yawn escaped my mouth.

"You should rest. You have had a long day," Lisa suggested, making me nod.

"Okay. I love you, Mom and Dad," I said as my eyelids grew heavy.

"We love you, too," Dad replied while Mom smiled.

Within a few minutes, I fell asleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••