Ch. 5 - Locker 180

"CAM, ARE YOU READY?" Micheal asked me, knocking on my door before opening it

I looked up at him, and I nodded. "Yeah. I'll be down in a moment."

He gave me a slight nod before leaving me to my self. I threw on my black cardigan before grabbing my things. I walked out of my room to see Maya coming out of her room.

"Good morning," she said once she saw me standing there.

"Morning," I replied with a small wave. I haven't really talked to Maya. She came to visit me in the hospital, but we didn't discuss much.

We walked down the stairs, and I heard chatter in the kitchen. It died down when I entered behind Maya.

"Good morning, Campbell and Maya," Lisa said, pouring herself a glass of orange juice.

"Morning," we both replied as we set our stuff down.

"Maya, I talked with my brother, and they said they won't be able to make it Thanksgiving. I'm sorry," Lisa told Maya who looked unfazed by the news.

"It's totally fine. I didn't want to see them anyways," Maya says, grabbing a banana out of the fruit basket.

"Campbell, are you hungry? I made grilled cheese," Ross asked me, lifting up a white plate with a stack of grilled cheeses on them.

"Sure. Thank you," I thanked him as he put a grilled cheese on another plate. Then he handed it to me with a smile on his face.

I stood at the bar, setting my plate down before taking a bite out of my food. Then another memory filled my head.

I was in the kitchen once more, but I was cooking a grilled cheese. Gavin was sitting behind me.                                       

"Do you want a grilled cheese?" I asked him, turning around to face him. He sat at the bar, clutching his phone in his hands.

"No," Gavin replied, curtly, as he clenched his jaw.

"You sure? I make the best grilled cheese," I sang, trying to cheer him up a little.

"Not right now, Campbell!" Gavin snapped, surprising me.

"Easy there," Gaberial's voice said, bringing me back to reality. I looked around to see everybody watching me with concern.

"You lost your balance. Are you okay?" Gaberial asked me, holding my elbow lightly.

I started to shake a little bit. I know that they won't hurt me, but it's my natural instinct.

"Yeah, I'm good. I just was in my thoughts," I said, trying to move my arm out of his grip. He noticed my effort, and he released my arm.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

"Are you sure you want to go to school? You can always stay here and do it online. I promise they won't mind," Lisa asked me as she walked over to me.